EMEIA Compliance Analyst
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Compliance Analyst Apple has been operating in Cork since 1980. We have grown to over 5000 employees, serving our customers through a wide range of critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success. We support and promote career development throughout the organization, offering a long and exciting career with many opportunities to enable you to perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones. You will become a member of the wider Finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including Sales Fulfillment, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music and Apple Retail as well as being part of the Global Finance Shared Service (GFSS) function. Apple’s business is constantly changing and growing to meet market demands. This is a key role in a dynamic environment with the potential for the role to develop further with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements. The objective of this role is to support the regional Payroll Compliance within the GFSS EMEIA Payroll Department. The requirement is to ensure the adherence of compliance requirements within the region.
- Knowledge of substantial global regulatory issues with ability to evaluate risk
- Proven experience researching and interpreting tax and labor codes/regulations
- Proven process evaluation, analytical and problem-solving skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to produce high quality and accurate documentation
- Strong interpersonal skills and influencing ability
- Capability to work independently but as a teammate, with delivery of high quality work
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High integrity and ethics in handling confidential information
- Ability to function in a dynamic environment and prioritize multiple projects with challenging priorities
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional business partners on discussions and initiatives
- Provide insights for improvement and decision making
- Partner with payroll, finance, corporate tax, etc. to coordinate audit activities and other payroll requirements
The Compliance Analyst is part of a working team handling the key regulatory aspects of payroll compliance and serves as a key point of contact for compliance activities for EMEIA Payroll. The role will partner closely with our payroll operations, HR Employee Relations, HR Benefits and Legal. The Compliance Analyst needs to be a person of high integrity and good judgment, who can work independently with the ability to timely address, call out and articulate compliance concerns in a dynamic environment. The Analyst will support and provide technical mentorship related to various payroll compliance issues to ensure overall compliance for Apple. Due to the dynamic nature of tax law changes, the job requires a deep understanding of the regulatory background as well as the ability to perform ongoing research and analysis. The Analyst will support transition of payroll processing internally to ensure full payroll compliance requirements are considered. The Analyst will need to understand and explain the compliance requirements to our business partners to support configuration of payroll and related systems. The Analyst will work with external advisors and our internal Legal partners on compliance questions and payroll legal issues.
Education & Experience
Payroll experience in a high-volume environment Knowledge of payroll and tax compliance Foreign language skills preferred Experience of DSN is important Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.