Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Team up with Apple, one of the most influential technology leaders in the in industry. Join the Apple Finance organization and make a positive impact on a company that is known for its impressive line up of products, including Mac, iPod, iPad, iPhone, iTunes, and iLife. At Apple, you’ll share in a dedication to excellence by partnering with world-class managers, all with one unified vision – creating innovative products that delight customers. Finance is about “fueling innovation.” We do this by hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, teamwork, excellence, and active thinking. Apple has been operating in Cork since 1980. We have grown to over 5000 employees, serving our customers through a wide range of critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success. Collaboration is important at Apple, and every single day you will connect with and be supported by your peers and colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world. As an individual, you will have responsibility for contributing to our continued success and be a key player within your job function. We support and promote career development throughout the organisation, offering an exciting career with many opportunities to enable you to perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones. You will become a member of the wider Finance team at Apple. With over 350 finance employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including Sales Fulfilment, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music, Apple Retail as well as working within the Global Finance Shared Service (GFSS) function.
- You will work in a dynamic environment with the potential for the role to develop further with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements.
- Post Qualification industry experience
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment with minimal direct supervision
- Proficiency in managing databases with large data sets is essential
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Responsible for all accounting activities, including a timely end close, periodic balance sheet and income statement reviews and Journal voucher preparation and posting
- Liaise with Regional Leads and Accounting Hub team to ensure consistent processes across all regions and that there is consistent treatment of corporate finance policies
- Participate and engage in upcoming projects & initiatives
The GL Accountant will assist with the coordination and completion of the fiscal month end close process with domestic and foreign accounting teams; prepare recurring journal entries, financial reports and balance sheet reconciliations monthly, and assist in preparing and complication of audits. Assist in the development and implementation of processes, procedures and systems to ensure compliance with US GAAP and company policy. Implement internal controls to ensure accurate and timely administration, compliance and reporting for tax, general ledger and management reporting purposes. Help with the implementation of major, complex projects that have substantial impact to the organization
Education & Experience