Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? People here at Apple don’t just create products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. The Product Operations team is looking for a passionate, self-motivated and hard-working manufacturing engineering manager to be part of a diverse, dynamic and high-energy team. We work in a highly collaborative and multi-functional environment, with multiple deadlines, handling several projects at a time. You will lead a team of engineers and Mechatronic technicians to develop our Engineering team into a Centre of Excellence for manufacturing, process development and deployment. Reporting directly to the EMEIA Engineering manager, the role will be based out of Apple's EMEIA Headquarters in Cork supporting Product Operations. There will be some international travel to our partners in the undertaking of this role. This is a great opportunity to be a leader in Apple's exceptional Product Operations organisation. If you're keen to join one of the most successful companies in the world, then we'd love to hear from you. Let’s do our best work together.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in engineering including at least 3 years as a senior manager.
- Strong interpersonal and demonstrated leadership skills are essential, along with ability to operate comfortably in a fast moving and flexible environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem resolution and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring, coaching and empowering engineering teams.
- Demonstrated strong technical skills in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience in juggling multiple project schedules and overseeing a large team of staff on a variety of projects.
- Experience with collaborating with similar teams in different geographies to devise the best solutions for the business.
- Ability to effectively prioritise, multi-task and work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Experience working in a high volume manufacturing environment across different geographies would be a distinct advantage
You will use your management and technical expertise to tackle diverse engineering problems at scale. You are comfortable with rapidly-evolving and dynamic requirements and have excellent communication skills. You will articulate ideas clearly within our team and collaborate with other organisations at Apple. You will be the Engineering lead for all manufacturing and process related activities in Cork Product Operations: Define and implement the overall manufacturing strategy for the team. Develop strong links with Product Design, the Cupertino based Engineering teams and with the OEM’s, for Products and activities supported in Cork Product Operations. Drive continuous process optimisation and improvement initiatives. Keep your eye on the latest technology and developments that will improve the manufacturing process. Publish a weekly dashboard and ensure that the team meets its key goals. Ensure that critical metrics (Yield, Cost, downtime etc.) are monitored regularly and that clear process improvement plans are implemented for any issues that impact these metrics. Represent the engineering department at strategic and daily operations meetings Provide effective engineering and technical leadership to Cork operations during launch/sustaining activities. Provide leadership, supervision & motivation to the engineering team. Handle all manufacturing engineering headcount planning, development, reviews and goal setting for the Cork based team. Liaise with EH&S to ensure safe working standards and practices are being designed and adhered to in the manufacturing process. Collaborate with multi-functional peers on key business initiatives. Actively participate in these discussions in a fully transparent manner and bring data to these discussions based on the knowledge and input from your team. Balance the Finance budget (incl Travel budget) for the Cork engineering department.
Education & Experience
Minimum degree in Mechanical/Biomedical/Industrial Engineering or if you have an equivalent Third Level engineering qualification you are encouraged to apply
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants