watchOS QA Engineer
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Software and Services
The Apple Watch QA team is seeking a QA Engineer to help us ensure that our Watch operating system and applications are rock-solid and user-focused. We're looking for critical thinkers who would like to play a key role qualifying Watch applications and the frameworks that support them. We practice nimble, fast-paced development that relies heavily on a tight relationship between Engineering and QA.
- • Passion for debugging difficult problems and driving results with cross-functional teams
- • Creative thinker and strong problem solver
- • An enthusiasm for user-focused design & high-quality technology
- • At ease and adaptable in a dynamic and informal environment
- • Excellent communication skills are a requirement due to the high level of interaction with engineering teams, management, and other organisations within Apple
- • Highly organized, creative, self-motivated, and passionate about achieving results
In this position you will need to be self-motivated with strong technical and communication skills as you will work with teams in different time zones and continents. Your day to day will include smoke testing builds, regressing failures to their root cause changes, and functional testing of iOS and watchOS applications. Your responsibilities will include design and implementation of test plans and test cases, risk analysis, and integration testing across the system.