Senior Process Optimisation Accountant
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Apple’s Global Business Solutions (GBS) organization supports tens of thousands of Apple employees, customers and vendors on just about every topic under the sun. We offer advice and develop innovative solutions to challenging problems that come up all around the world You will become a member of the wider Finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including Sales Fulfillment, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music, Apple Retail as well as being part of the Global Business Solutions (GBS) function. You will join the EMEIA Record to Report team within GBS, which consists of over 60 employees responsible for a wide range of areas including Fixed Assets, Treasury, Intercompany, Copyright, Inventory and Revenue reporting, Statutory & Tax compliance. You will work closely with a team of accountants who manage the USGAAP, Local GAAP & Tax Reporting. The role is primarily responsible for driving and executing process improvements across a wide range of functions. You will manage and provide support to the USGAAP and Local GAAP accountants. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with the our GBS regional accounting functions in APAC, China, and AMR.
- Excellent SAP knowledge
- Skilled in process mapping, and analysis of as-is and to-be processes
- SAP FICO knowledge desirable
Demonstrated technical and analytical abilities with a desire for driving improvements in process and system automation. Collaborate with key business stakeholders to analyse root cause of individual transaction exceptions and provide solutions to upstream processes that will prevent future issues. Able to perform robust business process analysis, recommend and execute solutions Working closely with Information Systems & Technology (IS&T), and various Business Finance groups to ensure that root causes are identified, processes are sustainable, scalable, and produce accurate results. Develop structured approach to maintaining up to date process documentation to support key business transactions including SOX key controls. Identify key metrics to measure performance and allow team to be scalable for future growth. Complete post implementation reviews to ensure successful delivery has been achieved and to ensure that improvements can be made for future project. Support month/quarter end close processes where applicable.
Education & Experience
Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA)
- Ability to maintain a global perspective and recognise opportunities to align with other GBS regions on similar processes
- Effective team player and like to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, as well as presentation skills.
- Mature, responsible, driven and able to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Proven ability to engage and communicate effectively across the organization and with external partners.
- Detailed and meticulous, excellent attention to detail with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess a real passion for operational improvement with an approach that encourages innovation, elimination of non value added work, and efficiency improvements.
- Ability to influence and implement ideas effectively within the Apple culture.