Manufacturing Project Manager
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? People here at Apple don’t just create products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. The Product Operations team is looking for a passionate, self-motivated and hard-working project manager to be part of a diverse, dynamic and high-energy team. We work in a highly collaborative and multi-functional environment, with multiple deadlines, handling several projects at a time. You will take responsibility for complex, cross-functional projects involving multiple business partners and ensure that they are scoped, planned and executed on-time and within budget. You will work out of Apple's EMEIA Headquarters in Cork and will involve travel to some of our international partners. This is a great opportunity to be a leader in Apple's exceptional Product Operations organisation. If you're keen to join one of the most successful companies in the world, then we'd love to hear from you. Let’s do our best work together.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience in a project management role in a high volume, high technology global manufacturing operation
- You bring experience in leading technically complex projects that are dynamic and are critical to business
- Strong interpersonal and demonstrated leadership skills are important, along with the ability to operate comfortably in a fast moving and flexible environment.
- Comfortable working within a highly matrixed organisation with many resources who do not report to you
- Ability to collaborate with different teams including engineering, operations, business functions and external suppliers, using savvy influencing skills to drive decisions and meet specific deadlines
- Analytical thinker who is data driven, with a can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate evolving business needs
- Facilitate communication across a project and alert broader team of changes to scope, timeline and resources
- Strong presentation, problem resolution and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and be able to articulate complex business and technical situations to a variety of audience
- Proven strong technical skills in hardware and / or software
- Ability to effectively prioritize, multi-task with strict deadlines on multiple projects in a fast paced environment
You will be responsible for leading multiple projects within the wider EMEIA Product Operations team. Responsibilities will include alignment with project sponsors, forming and leading the project team, defining budgets and obtaining approval, regular communication of status and critical issues to a wide stakeholder group, escalation of impacting issues to functional owners and tracking and delivery of project goals within the agreed schedule. Lead efforts on strategic projects across Product Operations Develop strong links with the business owners and the functional management team in Product Operations as well as partner teams in other Apple functions and key external vendors Apply best-in-class project management methodologies on all projects Implement an effective communication strategy to ensure that all project partners are kept fully informed on project progress Ensure that projects are well scoped, utilise appropriate resources and apply well-costed solutions Provide succinct and accurate updates for the weekly project dashboard meeting Ensure that the team meets its key goals and critical issue practices are clearly understood and in place Lead several high profile projects simultaneously Flexible to deal with fast-changing business environments and focus on measurements including Cost, Quality and Availability Provide leadership, direction & motivation to each project team Collaborate with multi-functional peers on key business initiatives
Education & Experience
Minimum honours degree in Engineering, Operations or Business Management or if you have an equivalent Third Level qualification you are encouraged to apply. A formal project management qualification would be an advantage
- Please note, we are not working with recruitment agencies for this role.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants