Data Scientist/ Statistician – Mac Systems Quality
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Mac Systems Quality The Mac Systems Quality team are responsible for integrated customer focussed testing on Hardware and Software programs under development and building automated tools and infrastructure to support delivery of quality Apple products. Our Mac Systems Quality team is looking for a dynamic, analytics-minded and driven data scientist to join the team. You will partner closely with Engineering and QA groups throughout the product life cycle using Big Data and Advanced analytics techniques to analyse Apple’s product data to ultimately provide better products and services to our customers. You will focus on end to end quality reporting, improved data science capability and speed for problem solving.
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Scientist, you should have a strong and curious business mindset with an ability to condense complex concepts and analysis into clear and concise takeaways that drive action.
- Ability to comprehensively understand data elements, sources and relationships.
- Strong query execution and optimisation skills
- Data-driven and results-oriented approach to problem solving
- Expertise in managing and manipulating large data sets (Python, SciKit-learn, R, JMP, Spark or equivalents)
- Expertise in creating ad hoc and regular visualized reporting
- Experience using relevant statistical packages to build predictive/ML models.
- Experience with BigData technology stacks and building machine learning models for data analytics.
- Familiarity with Splunk, Cassandra, Jupyter and other BigData tools
- Familiarity with Machine Learning concepts and applying ML to improve data analysis
- Familiarity with multiple platforms, tools, methodologies in the data management, reporting and advanced analytics space
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau for full-stack data analysis, insight synthesis, and presentation a plus.
In this role you will design, test, and implement highly scalable data solutions to better analyse data collected during product development cycles Develop models/analysis to mine large volume of data, extract insights and explore opportunities for improvements. Build data products (data sets, analysis, models etc.) and tools to drive hypothesis generation and decision making in partnership with engineering and product management teams. Create actionable metrics and design effective experiments. Communicate insights to engineering, product management, and executive teams, and drive product decisions with data. Interface with engineering to develop data visualisation solutions to extend and support product development Develop data driven tools to measure and visualise performance and help prove engineering assumptions You will dive deep into data to uncover trends and develop machine learning models that will help drive quality improvements in Apple HW products collaborating closely with engineering
Education & Experience
Minimum of a BS or MS degree in Engineering, Statistics, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Analytics, Mathematics or related field/ equivalent experience