Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Come join a Global EHS team making a difference. Do you love working in a complex, global, interdependent environment? As part of our Real Estate and Development group, you’ll be an integral part of ensuring that Apple’s continued growth is sustainable and successful worldwide, while focusing on Cork Campus operations, including manufacturing, and EU Engineering support. Our goal is to ensure our workplaces also run smoothly, so everyone at Apple can focus on what they do best. The EHS team at Apple is growing and we need ambitious, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our stakeholders in their mission to develop amazing products.
- Demonstrated experience in the development, implementation and operation of:
- EHS experience in a manufacturing, engineering workshops, construction and maintenance operations and diverse office environments
- Project management of EHS programs and collaboration with teams to support multisite EHS programs, across the EU, from the Cork Campus
- EHS program, development and implementation to ensure health, safety and environmental protection and compliance with regional statutory compliance
- Experience of implementation and maintenance of ISO 14001, ISO45001 / OHSAS 18001
- Emergency preparedness and response program development, implementation and maintenance
- Risk assessment and management associated with offices, manufacturing, engineering laboratories, workshops, chemical and office safety
- Occupational health, industrial hygiene and ergonomics experience
- Environmental sustainability programs, due diligence and circular economy program
- Implementation of Safe Systems of Work for the control of hazardous activities
- Contractor management including construction and maintenance operations
- Develop positive relationships with regulatory agencies, manage permits, regulatory inspections, and incident reporting while implementing an EHS quality control system
- Ability to build and develop strong relationships with Apple internal functions, including Facilities, Engineering, Project Management, Legal, Security and business group leadership across multiple geographies.
- Participating in, and leading, EHS working groups and committees while innovating within the EHS field
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Able to prioritise own workload and manage own time, self-motivated and capable of working flexibly and to strict deadlines using own initiative
- Clean driving license
- Computer literate and competent in the use of Apple iOS Applications e.g. email, Pages, Numbers, Keynote
- The position can entail travel up to 25% of the time as required.
Apple seeks to recruit an EHS Specialist to join their Global EHS team supporting the Irish Campus operations (Office and Manufacturing), EHS programs at Technical Engineering Facilities within the EU and participation in global EHS initiatives. The position will be based at the Apple EMEIA Operations Campus in Cork. The candidate should demonstrate an ability to work on their own initiative, have demonstrated strong technical EHS skills, be capable of project management of multisite EHS programs, process strong interpersonal and influencing skills and have an ability to work collaboratively with teams based at different locations. This role supports a fast paced environment and assists in the development, implementation and management of Apple’s EHS programs to ensure occupational health, safety, environmental protection and compliance are maintained and continuously improved.