EU Programs EHS Engineer
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Come join a Global EHS team making a difference. We are looking to recruit an EU Programs EHS Engineer to join our growing Global EHS team supporting EMEA operations, including the Irish Campus. Do you love working in a complex, global, interdependent environment? As part of our Real Estate and Development group, you’ll be an integral part of ensuring that Apple’s continued growth is sustainable and successful worldwide, while focusing on Cork Campus operations, including manufacturing, and EU Engineering support. Our goal is to ensure our workplaces also run smoothly, so everyone at Apple can focus on what they do best. We need an ambitious, dedicated and flexible professional to join our dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our stakeholders in their mission to develop amazing products.
- Proven track record in managing and delivering regional and multisite EHS programs in manufacturing, engineering workshops, construction and maintenance operations and diverse office environments preferably across a range of geographies.
- Develop, implement and maintain systems for health, safety and environmental protection and compliance with regional statutory requirements
- Responsible for leading implementation and maintenance of ISO 14001, ISO45001 across multiple sites and providing EHS leadership to business units
- Manage EMEA emergency preparedness and response program development, implementation and maintenance including co-ordination with Global Security and Business Partners across the EMEA
- Project management of EHS programs with consultancy support both on the Cork Campus and EMEA sites
- Liaise with regional sites and the corporate group and coordinate occupational health and industrial hygiene programs
- Innovate and develop programs in the area of environmental sustainability and technologies, carbon management, due diligence and the circular economy. Environmental awareness programs
- Development, implementation and maintenance of Safe Systems of Work for the control of hazardous activities
- Contractor management including construction and maintenance operations
- Develop positive relationships with regulatory agencies, manage permits, regulatory inspections, and incident reporting while implementing an EHS quality control system
- Driving change and continuous improvement in EHS. Ability to build and develop strong relationships with Apple internal functions, including Facilities, Engineering, Project Management, Legal, Security and business group leadership across multiple geographies.
- Identifying opportunities to innovate and develop EHS software solutions across multiple sites for effective EHS management
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Able to prioritise own workload and manage own time, self-motivated and capable of working flexibly and to strict deadlines using own initiative
- Clean driving license
- Computer literate and competent in the use of Apple iOS Applications e.g. email, Pages, Numbers, Keynote
- The position can entail travel up to 25% of the time as required.
You should be a leader in the EHS field, demonstrate an ability to work on their own initiative, have demonstrated strong technical EHS skills, be capable of project management of multisite EHS programs, process strong interpersonal and influencing skills and have an ability to work collaboratively with teams based at different locations. This role supports a fast paced environment and assists in the development, implementation and management of Apple’s EHS programs to ensure occupational health, safety, environmental protection and compliance are maintained and continuously improved.
Education & Experience
- The position will be based at the Apple EMEIA Operations Campus in Cork.