Software Delivery - Site Reliability Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
The Software Delivery team is looking for Site Reliability Engineers to build and run the services that enable thousands of Apple engineers to develop the software products that delight billions of Apple customers. In the position, you will have the opportunity to join a worldwide DevOps team that fosters a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Passion for continually learning and exploring new technologies.
- Well versed in Linux and macOS systems management.
- Familiar with application and service monitoring tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms and virtualization technologies.
- Development experience with Python/Ruby/Scala or Go.
- Involvement with incident management and response.
- Excellent collaborative skills, with strong written and verbal communication.
This job will provide you with: - A team of highly skilled co-workers ready to both mentor and learn from you. - Unique distributed computing problems with an open mind on how they can be solved. - The opportunity to collaborate with talented engineering teams across a wide range of technology disciplines. - The freedom to take ownership and drive meaningful improvements in the operational reliability of mission critical services.
Education & Experience
We don’t require formal qualifications since mindset and demonstrated ability are more important.
- These are not hard requirements but this position might be of interest if you have experience with or a desire to learn about:
- - Cloud Orchestration technologies such as Meso or Kubernetes
- - Virtualization platforms such as KVM, Docker, and Qemu.
- - Message buses such as Kafka or Rabbit MQ.
- - BLOB storage technologies.
- - Splunk/Grafana/Graphite or other monitoring tools.
- - Puppet or other configuration management tools