Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. What will you do? At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. The business analytics team is responsible for business performance reporting and advanced data analytics across Apple Operations Europe. The data analyst will have a very strong business acumen balanced with data science and advanced analytics skills and experience. This person will work collaboratively across operations business teams to build powerful and insightful data analytics solutions. These solutions play a valuable role in the Apple supply chain end to end from manufacturing through to delivery of our products into the hands of Apple customers. The role will be highly visible within the EMEIA region and globally, requiring the successful candidate to interact with executives throughout Apples operations organization. Finally, this person will play a critical role in defining Apple Operations longer term strategy in data science, advanced analytics and machine learning.
- Innovative and strategic approach to business reporting, data analytics & data science.
- In-depth knowledge of both supervised and unsupervised machine learning and statistical techniques such as regression, classifiers, clustering, and deep learning.
- Familiarity with multiple platforms, tools, methodologies specifically Python and R.
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal - ability to communicate complex analytics ideas to a business focused / executive audience.
- Experience driving reporting improvements and technology implementations in support of business analytics
- Familiarity of supply chain methodologies, supply / demand forecasting and optimization techniques
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines and handle the pressure of last-minute requests
- Ability to comprehensively understand data elements, sources and relationships
- Ability to operate comfortably and effectively in a fast paced, highly-matrixed, rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated teamwork as well as leadership and influencing skills
- Extensive knowledge of R, Jupyter and Python.
- Hands on experience with data science project steps including: understanding the business ask, sourcing and extracting the correct data, cleaning and exploration, modelling, reporting, and automation.
• Implement the business strategy and vision around reporting and data capabilities required to support business management and executive decision making • Partner with worldwide Decision Support, BPR (Business Process Reengineering), RAD (Rapid Application Development) & IS&T (Information Systems & Technology) teams to design, develop and drive implementation of the business vision and systems/tools required to support reporting, data analytics and information delivery • Work as part of a team of data analysts and software engineers focused on providing the information needed to manage Apple’s business • Management and delivery of information to support regular business activities • Liaise with other Apple groups on data governance, infrastructure, standards, data quality, tools, master data management and key performance metric definition. • Propose and implement new & innovative ways to enable the business to answer questions quickly. • Develop early alert mechanisms through analytical insights in our Ops data set and determine assignable actions to keep the supply chain optimized. • Where possible leverage the appropriate statistical analytics techniques to find opportunities to optimize supply chain. • Champion the functions advanced analytics strategy by identifying opportunities for application of data science & machine learning techniques. Day-to-day tasks • Multitasking projects and ad-hoc requests • Working across multiple platforms, software and languages • Deep diving into data structures and interrogating the data in SQL/python/R • Adapt the right method and software (and hardware) for the task • Distilling complex ideas into quickly understandable plans • Project management, communication planning and time management of your own projects Long-term tasks • Building a deep understanding of the business • Engaging with the wider team to understand opportunities and also ensure collaboration of work • Developing the roadmap for Analytics in Apple and executing at the correct pace • Developing others to understand the use and power of analytics
Education & Experience
• BSc in Computer Science / Mathematics / Statistics • MSc / PhD in a relevant field a distinct benefit. • Demonstrable experience in a similar field.