Order Management Buyer (6 month contract)
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big. We are recruiting a dynamic, energetic and motivated individual to join the Apple Operations – International Buy/Sell team. We are responsible for the purchasing of key strategic commodities from suppliers and the sale of those commodities to OEM’s. You will be responsible for end to end procurement & order management of this activity. We engage with both internal Apple teams and external suppliers and contract manufacturers. These commodities include key components required in the manufacture of Apple products. Your responsibilities will be wide-ranging and requires you to adapt quickly to this challenging and exciting role. You will work within a team of experienced buyers and report directly to the Procurement Manager.
- Possess full knowledge & experience of Procurement Policies/Practices
- Highly experienced in using spreadsheets, report creation & presentation
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar procurement role.
- Demonstrated Leadership and/or Individual team role skills in driving Key projects & teams
- Knowledge of Supply chain/Logistics an advantage
- Ability to operate using your own initiative in a flexible & dynamic organization - be able to thrive in a challenging environment
- Advanced Excel capabilities (macros, pivot tables, reports) and strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Experience in working with Asia based vendors – ability to speak Mandarin or Japanese would be a distinct advantage.
- Ideally, you will also have strong SAP experience (MM module)
In this role, you will coordinate and oversee purchasing activities with GSM (Global Supply Managers), Suppliers and CM (Contract Manufacturers). You'll process sales orders from CM, purchase orders to suppliers and coordinate issue resolution measures with CM, Suppliers and Apple internal teams when necessary You will be responsible for procurement business system data (purchasing order, sales order, etc.) input and integrity. You'll partner and work with CM, Suppliers, and AO Finance teams for payment issue resolution. Participate in internal business expansion and automation projects. Key shareholder in developing automated solutions and testing that these solutions are fit for purpose. Interact closely with GSM, AO Finance, Suppliers and CM to monitor performance and address the process issues. Oversee issue resolution strategies when necessary. You will need to be flexible, in order to work across time zones with Asia & US. The role will require a moderate level travel to Asia and US. Typically 1 to 2 trips per annum to meet suppliers, attend continuous improvement summits, QBR etc.
Education & Experience
Education Preference: Diploma in IIPMM.IPICS Certification; Degree/ Diploma in a Supply Chain or Procurement equivalent. Equivalent work experience may be considered