Technical Account Manager – MFi/ HomeKit Program
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
The Apple MFi (Made for iPhone/iPad/iPod) Program is one of the largest technology licensing programs in the world. It encompasses thousands of companies from a wide array of industries and many of the best-known global brands. The program enables hardware developers to craft third-party products that work seamlessly with Apple devices through Apple technologies like HomeKit, AirPlay, and CarPlay. The MFi team is seeking a high-caliber individual to help build the fast-growing ecosystem of HomeKit-enabled connected home devices. You should be passionate about partnerships, adept at operating in a multidisciplinary role, and ready to execute at a tactical level whenever needed.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years experience managing technology-based partnerships, ideally with developers in the home automation/consumer hardware space.
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to analyze issues and develop effective tactical solutions and scalable processes.
- Stellar verbal/written communication skills across a wide variety of audiences; ability to craft and deliver nuanced messages.
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills, and a proven ability to influence without authority.
- Help drive a streamlined decision-making across internal and external partners.
- Meticulous attention to detail and capable of balancing multiple projects/tasks in parallel without impacting the quality of deliverables.
- Self-starter who works effectively in a dynamic environment and is comfortable managing ambiguity.
- Knowledge of the hardware/firmware development process, home automation space and relevant wireless technologies.
Engage with third-party accessory developers and cross-functional teams to help bring best-in-class HomeKit accessories to market. Champion developer needs and issues within Apple as they complete accessory certification landmarks. Work collaboratively with internal partners in Engineering, QA, Product Marketing, Marcom, Legal, Developer Relations, and other teams to enable the successful launch of HomeKit-enabled accessories. Develop and maintain a deep understanding of MFi Program technologies including the smart home/consumer electronics landscape, in order to effectively communicate Apple’s message to existing and potential new partners. Identify and help drive process improvements which facilitate a best-in-class licensee experience and enable the team to continue to scale. Run all aspects of on-boarding and account management for developers focused on HomeKit and other program technologies. Day-to-day licensee account management activities include: – Evaluate third-party product proposals – Collaborate with partners to navigate the certification process – Manage contracts administration – Drive compliance initiatives Other projects and duties, as assigned.
Education & Experience
BA/BS/B.Eng degree required; MBA preferred
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.