Senior R2R GL Accountant
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big. Teamwork is important at Apple, and every single day you will connect with and be supported by your peers and colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world. As an individual, you will have responsibility for contributing to our continued success and be a key player within your job function. You will become a member of the wider Finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including Sales Fulfillment, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music, Apple Retail as well as being part of the Global Business Services (GBS) function. You will join the Record to Report team (R2R), which consists of over 60 employees responsible for areas including Fixed Assets, Treasury Accounting, Intercompany, Inventory Accounting, Revenue Accounting and a team of Statutory & Tax Accountants. This is a key role in a dynamic environment with the potential for the role to develop further with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements. You will provide support to the R2R teams as well as the wider Global Business Solutions (GBS) function in APAC, China, and AMR. You will also be responsible for regular project and process improvement work.
- You will work in a dynamic environment with the potential for the role to develop further with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment with minimal direct supervision
- Proficiency in managing databases with large data sets is essential
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Responsible for all accounting activities, including a timely end close, periodic balance sheet and income statement reviews and Journal voucher preparation and posting
- Liaise with Regional Leads and Accounting Hub team to ensure consistent processes across all regions and that there is consistent treatment of corporate finance policies
- Participate and engage in upcoming projects & initiatives
The GL Accountant will assist with the coordination and completion of the fiscal month end close process with domestic and foreign accounting teams; prepare recurring journal entries, financial reports and balance sheet reconciliations monthly, and assist in preparing and complication of audits. Assist in the development and implementation of processes, procedures and systems to ensure compliance with US GAAP and company policy. Implement internal controls to ensure accurate and timely administration, compliance and reporting for tax, general ledger and management reporting purposes. Help with the implementation of major, complex projects that have substantial impact to the organization
Education & Experience