Finance Project Manager
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big. Apple has been operating in Cork since 1980. We have grown to over 5000 employees, serving our customers through a wide range of critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success. Teamwork is important at Apple, and every single day you will connect with and be supported by your peers and colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world. As an individual, you will have responsibility for contributing to our continued success and be a key player within your job function. We support and promote career development throughout the organisation, offering an exciting career with many opportunities to enable you perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones. You will become a member of the wider Finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including Sales Fulfillment, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music, Apple Retail as well as being part of the Global Business Solutions function (GBS). This is a key role in a dynamic environment with the potential for the role to develop further with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements. The Global Finance Project Manager will provide both local & global project management, working in close partnership with finance and cross-functional project teams in order to drive critical projects within time and budget while delivering key business requirements.
- Finance / Accounting qualifications & experience preferred
- Strong leadership / influencing skills at all levels
- Deep understanding of project management methodology with an emphasis on conflict management and facilitation
- Proven record of working with hands on with technical teams to bring projects to market on time and on budget
- Experience implementing new entities and processes in support of a growing global footprint
- Experience indirectly managing a global, diverse team
- Experience collaborating cross functionally and working directly with business users
- Ability to develop strategies, and implement solutions.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- A high level of independence as demonstrated through clear problem solving skills, effective process evaluation, strong team and business relationship building, and delivery of high quality work
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and prioritise multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Ability to quickly develop strong working relationships with global business partners
- Excellent negotiation skills in addition to the ability to deal effectively with ambiguity will also be essential
The role requires a strong ability to plan a project including tactical details to achieve strategic objectives. A background in Finance / Accounting is a definite advantage. A key aspect of the project manager's role and responsibilities will include Developing, leading & executing PLC project management deliverables, including Business Requirements Documents (BRDs), detailed project plans, milestones and deliverables for seamless project implementation and adoption of new systems and processes. Providing concise updates regarding overall status, issues, risks and recommended actions to be taken. The individual will also act as a liaison between the business and technology groups to ensure business project needs are met. This requires the individual to actively seek out material issues impacting the project and quickly resolve the issues to ensure timelines and functionality expectations are met. Partnering closely with project team members and cross functional business partners, responsibilities include developing detailed change management, communication, transition and testing plans to ensure seamless execution, adoption, and overall business and system readiness Extensive experience working within global companies with a strong global mindset and a deep understanding of cultural differences. Given the nature of the role, you will work independently while leading multiple priorities in an unstructured, global and virtual environment will be very important.
Education & Experience
Finance / Accounting qualifications & experience preferred Proven track record in project delivery