BI Web Developer
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. What will you do? At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. You will be responsible for the analysis, design and implementation of web based tools and reporting solutions that bring efficiencies and business process automation to our internal customers from across the Apple Operations business. These solutions play a highly valuable role in the Apple supply chain end to end from manufacturing through to delivery of our products into the hands of our Apple customers. You will work directly with business partners to analyse requirements, develop a deep understanding of underlying business process and propose/implement automated solutions that will help the business execute effectively and efficiently. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- 1-3 years relevant software development experience
- Development in PHP (Symfony/ other MVC Framework would be great)
- Advanced Database & SQL Skills
- Ability to analyse and operate on very large data sets.
- Knowledge of Unix Shell Scripting
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle and Software Quality Control.
- Integration testing and Unit Testing to ensure solution is ready for UAT handover.
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly, attentive listener and excellent communicator.
- Ability to 'shift gears' quickly and balance multiple priorities.
- Willingness to support current infrastructure and toolset.
- Experience developing HTML5 and responsive applications using leading UI and JS frameworks
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work on multiple assignments
- Ability to develop mockups and summarise features for concept and prototyping
- Confident and mature individual able to work in a pressurised environment
- Other technical skills that would be useful in the role:
- Knowledge of ORM technology such as Doctrine.
- Knowledge of analytics and data visualisation software such as Tableau or Business Objects
- Understanding of ETL tools and concepts.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Data Warehouses such as Teradata
You will work as part of a group of web developers and project managers to automate Business Intelligence solutions. Some of these solutions would include: - Cross functional reporting solutions which allow business functions interact, comment and approve data elements - Web Based Applications used to help automate manual processes, enable our internal customers to scale with the business & introduce process efficiency and cost savings. - Web Based solutions that support more dynamic roll-ups. - Co-developed Web Based reporting applications leveraging partner infrastructure.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or related fields. However, if you feel you have relevant experience, you are encouraged to apply.