Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. At Apple, we craft products and experiences people once couldn't have imagined, and now can't imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job. We believe that collaboration is one of our key strengths, and every day we will connect you with your peers and colleagues, at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world. As an individual, you'll contribute to our continued success, and be a key player within the function. As a Treasury Accountant, you will work in the Global Business Solutions (GBS) Revenue, Treasury Accounting and Copyright team. This is a key role in a dynamic environment with the potential for the role to develop further with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements.
- Strong business insight
- Independent, self-reliant, tenacious, self-starter
- You will need strong analytical abilities, and should be able to evaluate, analyse and present data to a broad audience
- Strong work ethic, perseverance and flexibility
- Meticulous attention to detail & ability to drive precise execution to tight deadlines
- Practical & focused approach to problem solving and operational improvement
- Ability to build effective and influential relationships in a cross-functional team environment
- Advanced numeracy skills and strong knowledge of Excel
You will manage Treasury accounting for EMEIA Retail and Service entities understanding the entities’ structure, managing Treasury reporting on a day-to-day basis and supporting the close process. You are the key point of contact for these entities; gaining an understanding of intercompany loans, cash pooling, FX transactions and providing analysis on these as required as well as taking ownership for account reconciliation. To do this effectively, you will engage closely with Treasury, Intercompany, P2P, Compliance and also the Stat Accounting Team to ensure all banking transactions are accounted for correctly. A key part of the role will be recognizing and acting upon opportunities for automation. You will partner with Corporate Accounting to ensure all hedging instruments are recorded correctly in advance of close as well as providing an understanding around movement drivers in this highly technical area. Outside of Treasury, you will be responsible for the accounting and declaration of Copyright Levies for the EMEIA Region, this involves liaising with various business teams including Sales Finance, Legal & Tech Accounting as well as external copyright bodies.
Education & Experience