EMEIA - Logistics Coordinator
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. Are you excited by the idea of making a real impact? Are you prepared to dream big? Then a career with Apple might be your dream job. We are strengthening our team and are seeking a dynamic Logistics Coordinator to be an integral part of the EMEIA Logistics Team. In this exciting and dynamic role, you will work within Transportation in the Logistics Department, supporting the management of international carriers to EMEIA. If you have strong technical and operational knowledge of transportation operations, then we'd love to hear from you.
- Solid understanding of logistics, supply chain management and LSP management
- Strong organisational skills from both administrative and hands-on standpoints.
- Strong analytical skills. Advanced excel skills essential, with the ability to handle considerable amounts of data and use it to draw meaningful conclusions and recommendations vital
- Problem solving techniques essential.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multitask.
- Good communicator at all levels, both verbal and written, internal and external.
- Works well within a team and understands team dynamics. Capable of working individually or as part of a multifunctional team including peers and/or senior managers
- Self starter that can work on their own initiative. Ability to influence others..
- High level of energy and discipline, earning respect by demonstrating ability.
- Flexibility - must be able to work as required to fulfill business needs
- Good knowledge of air/sea/road transportation and logistics concepts.
In this role, you will be the primary support for Apple's Logistics Operations Team. You will monitor, analyse and report on shipment status. You'll run the daily review of shipment handovers from all International product sources, and monitor in-transit status according to prescribed lead times/Service Level Agreement. Maintain and monitor KPIs ensuring each LSP operates to the agreed service levels on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly basis. Monitor the LSP’s Global Shipment visibility and reporting performance on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly basis Review root cause analysis as issues occur with relevant carrier Be accountable to internal customer facing and planning departments. Monitor loss & damage for any trends and work directly with the LSP to ensure adequate root cause analysis takes place and effective corrective actions happen Develop and execute Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) in the logistics network in support of the various business segments and ensure adherence by the LSP Reporting - Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly management reporting. Provide key business management reporting on the transportation network performance. Be responsible for LSP support of New Product Introduction planning and execution. Ensure relevant security procedures and lead times are adhered to prior/during launch Support the implementation of new operational and systemic requirements from the LSP. Work cross functionally with Regional and WW Ops team to introduce, develop and implement new transportation programs. Liaison between LSP, WW & Regional BPR/OEM to ensure improvement projects are supported and completed timely.
Education & Experience
Good understanding of all Microsoft Office packages. IPICS Certification / Diploma in IIPMM or Business Studies or equivalent. However applicants with 3-5 years relevant experience in this area will also be considered. Degree in Business Studies/logistics would be an advantage.