Production Planner (11 month contract)
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big. The EMEIA Product Operations team is responsible for all areas of product operations within Europe, including Manufacturing, Engineering, Test, Quality, In-Region OEM Management, R&D, Procurement and Planning. You will be highly motivated and join a small team of planners responsible for the planning, scheduling and execution of iMac production in Apple’s manufacturing site in Cork and in our 3rd party partner site in The Netherlands.
- 3-5 years experience in Production Planning or a similar discipline.
- Self driven and enthusiastic individual with a consistent record for delivering results.
- Excellent knowledge of production planning and quality control principles.
- Ability to present data and complex subject matter to different audiences across multiple functions and levels.
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically, with a persistent attention to detail.
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility and analytical skills in a dynamic environment.
- Comfort with working both as an individual and within multi-functional teams with the ability to lead a project to implementation.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise effectively.
- You love connecting the dots and stitching across multiple teams to drive success
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with numbers and large datasets.
- Experienced user of SAP or similar ERP system.
Your primary goal will be to ensure that Cork manufacturing meets customer requirements in an efficient manner. You will work within a dynamic team, focused on delivering quality products, within the quoted lead-time, to our diverse customer base throughout Europe. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE: - Order Cycle Time Attainment & Reporting - Demand Management - Capacity planning and Buffer Management - MRP and CTB Reporting - Performance Measurement - Cost Management and Continuous Improvement - Issue Resolution and Downtime Avoidance
Education & Experience
- Degree in Supply Chain or similar qualification - If you have experience in FMCG or electronic consumer goods, that would be great!
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.