Software Test Engineer
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Apples OS Build Quality team are seeking a creative and highly motivated Software Test Engineer who will be responsible for developing practical and fault-tolerant tests for iOS and macOS.
- Passion for testing, testing methodologies, testing technologies and test automation development.
- Experience using Version Control tools - such as CVS, SVN, Git.
- Programming skills in Objective-C/C++/C/Swift and/or scripting language such as Python, Ruby, or Perl
- Knowledge or experience developing applications for iOS, Mac, Unix or Linux environments.
- Deep understanding of QA methodologies and practices.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to take on hard problems with innovative and maintainable solutions.
This position requires an ambitious individual with strong technical and communication skills to handle responsibilities which will include developing test automation for first-party applications on iOS and macOS. Responsibilities will include design and implementation of test plans and test cases, risk analysis, and integration testing across Apple platforms.
Education & Experience
- Please note this role requires some shift working, you will be working 39 hours over a 5 day per week, but this including one weekend in four on a rota basis, between the hours of 10:00 - 18:30pm