Network Engineer - Global Infrastructure Operations
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making an impact, joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and expansive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job. Quite simply, our team keeps Apple’s world-class network running. We are a global community of engineers who work together to operate a multi-vendor network that interconnects Apple’s large campuses and smaller regional or national offices, as well as providing connectivity via various VPN technologies to third-party suppliers and partners. We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate person to join a dynamic and exciting team for network operations within Apple’s Global Infrastructure Operations, supporting Apple’s varied locations and third-party sites. You will be skilled in cross-organisational collaboration, liaising with internal teams and external service providers to operate and maintain the network infrastructure. You will need to develop and maintain clear documentation and procedures associated with operations and known issues. This position provides the opportunity to operate a cutting-edge, worldwide, multi-vendor network.
- Essential Skills
- Working experience with IPv4, TCP, OSPF and BGP.
- Solid understanding of large-scale LAN and WAN networking technologies.
- Knowledge of VPN technologies such as IPSec and DMVPN.
- Hands-on experience with Palo Alto firewalls and Cisco wireless controllers required
- Desirable Skills
- Working experience with IPv6.
- Proficiency in Linux or other variations of UNIX.
- Expertise in automation languages such as Perl or Python.
- Experience working in large scale environments.
- Analytical and organisational skills, including proven abilities to adapt to dynamic project environments, while able to manage multiple concurrent projects.
In this fast paced role, you will provide front line support for Apple’s network to address a wide variety of business challenges. You will be comfortable in a dynamic environment with the ability to multi-task and provide operational support to various businesses within Apple. This position requires a collaborative teammate who will enjoy working in multi-functional groups and who has the ability and willingness to work with others around the globe. Your responsibilities will include working on tickets and break fixes, maintaining and upgrading existing networks to current standards, and sustaining operations, as well as contributing to technical and procedural documentation. In this role you will obsess over minute details and drive operational excellence in every aspect of your work to deliver the best possible customer experience. In addition to the required technical networking skills, this position will also draw on strong interpersonal skills and an individual who enjoys the dynamic nature of Apple’s environment. If you enjoy close collaboration, open and active discussion, and following through on the details, we think you’ll love being part of our team.
Education & Experience
BS degree or equivalent experience. Cisco CCNA, Juniper JNCIA or equivalent experience.
- Flexibility to work in a day-time shift pattern.
- Professional to expert level certifications preferred.