Buyer (11 month contract)
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big! Apple's Product Operations team is recruiting a dynamic, energetic and motivated individual to join the EMEA Manufacturing Procurement Organization. You will be experienced buyer who can adapt into the role quickly. You will report directly to the Procurement Manager & will have responsibilities for a range of commodities & reporting processes. You will collaborate with both internal and external partners to ensure the efficiency of our procurement processes. Do you think strategically and execute tactically? Are you persistent with your attention to detail, enjoy solving problems and comfortable working with numbers?
- 5+ years experience in a High Volume manufacturing environment ideally with JIT exposure.
- Strong experience of Procurement Policies/Practices.
- Excellent knowledge in using MRP, spreadsheets, report creation & presentation.
- Previously working within a SAP environment
- Leadership skills in driving Key projects & teams.
- have detailed knowledge of Supply chain/Logistics.
- be fully able to operate using your own initiative in a flexible & dynamic organization.
- Advanced Excel capabilities (macros, pivot tables, reports)
- Be a clear communicator strong analytical and problem solving
- Ability thrive in a dynamic and flexible environment
- Previous experience in an enterprise, multinational environment
- Experience in working with Asia based vendors and fluency in Mandarin would be an advantage.
Coordinate purchasing activities with Global Supplier Manager, contract manufacture partners and external suppliers. Process purchasing requisitions, purchasing orders to suppliers, ensure supplier's on time delivery; handle logistic issues among our partner manufacturers/suppliers and Apple. Responsible for procurement business system data (purchasing order, price, etc.) input and integrity. Coordinate with external manufacturing partners, suppliers, and internal team for payment issue resolution. Participant on internal projects, and support the project system UAT and coordinate with partners to implement new systems. Monitor Contract Manufacturers/suppliers performance and address process/performance issues P.O Placement / Management/Expediting /Rescheduling. Elimination of Excess and Obsolete material. The role will require you to work across time zones with Asia & EMEA.
Education & Experience
Degree/ Diploma in a Supply Chain or Procurement related field, however, if you have relevant experience, you are encouraged to apply Diploma in IIPMM/IPICS Certification would be great but not require