Production Supervisor (6 month contract)
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. As Production Supervisor, you will report to the Production Manager for key deliverables. You will lead and coordinating the current and future activities of the Manufacturing Department! We are looking for a highly-motivated, innovative and hands on supervisor who can use there skills to drive efficiency and encourage a team environment. In this role you will act as a key member of the Cork Production Team. You will own the production processes and be responsible for ensuring that the processes meet all deadlines, and achieves all Production objectives. Are you working in a best-in class manufacturing facility? Do you want a role where you can actively innovate and bring your own ideas? This will be an initial 6 month contract.
- Minimum of 5 years' production supervisory experience in hi-tech, high volume manufacturing environment
- Excellent People management skills.
- Communicator with strong interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Flexible approach to work and be capable of handling multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a team based, ambiguous environment
- Team leader and team builder able to lead by example. Ability to effectively develop others
- Takes responsibility and looks for solutions
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong performance management skills
- Highly motivated self-starter, able to work on your own initiative, meet deadlines and able to handle multiple tasks.
* Build organisational capabilities to drive operational performance with a high level of employee ownership * Participate actively in continuous development and improvement * Lead, motivate and develop a multi-skilled team, through the use of team meetings and other communication skills, motivate and drive the team towards their goals, giving them clear objectives * Develop and constantly drive initiatives designed to improve the productivity of people and resources within your department * Identify and evaluate areas where cost reductions can be realised, while maintaining or building on the quality of product and customer service * Take an active role to ensure a healthy and safe working environment by communicating, promoting and monitoring safety rules and regulations and handling ongoing safety training * Manage employees' time and attendance details * Raise equipment, process problems and safety issues to the appropriate channels and technical counterparts for resolution. Keeps management informed of schedule status, priorities and problems. * Ensure the reporting of all production activities is carried out accurately and in a timely fashion * Promote good employee relations throughout the department
Education & Experience
Third Level qualification in Engineering, Business and/or Operations Management, but we encourage you to apply if you have supervisor experience within a manufacturing environment