Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. Are you excited by the idea of making a real impact? Are you prepared to dream big? Then a career with Apple might be your dream job! The Apple Product Operations team is currently seeking to appoint a dynamic and motivated individual to work in the EMEIA Manufacturing Engineering team. We are responsible for providing & coordinating manufacturing support, quality improvements, process improvements and cost reductions to all activities performed by Cork, EMEA & manufacturing distribution centre operations. We work with other functions including production, test, quality, design engineering, US & vendors to provide accurate and timely resolution of issues associated within manufacturing. You will work closely with many other functional areas to facilitate the tactical day-to-day functions of the operation in the execution of KPIs. You will have the ability to work individually in a highly pressurised, multi-functional team. Ability to travel internationally at short notice and for extended periods of time is a requirement for this role.
- Minimum of 6-8 years relevant experience in a manufacturing engineering / technical role in a high volume, high technology global manufacturing operation
- Relevant Industrial Engineering experience specifically relating to Process Development, Automation and Lean Manufacturing
- Exposure to lean manufacturing principles including 5S, WCM, Standard Work and TPM
- Good analytical, data analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Computer-literate with experience of appropriate simulation and CAD packages
- Strong sense of urgency and customer focused
- Consistently identifies, initiates and drives continuous improvement throughout the business.
- Should be flexible and capable of working on own initiative with a professional attitude and good communication skills
- Develop strong working relationships with Apple, Vendor and Sub-Contractor engineering teams
You will be responsible for leading technical projects at specific European vendor sites and within the wider EMEIA Product Operations team. Responsibilities will include designing, developing, qualifying and improving manufacturing assembly and test processes at European technology vendors. A critical element of the role is to ensure that the vendor is integral in supporting the requirements of Apple’s global supply chain and New Product Introduction schedules.This position provides manufacturing and quality engineering support primarily in European Technology vendors - The position will provide support and leadership in achieving World Class Manufacturing, Safety, Quality, Customer Service and Cost standards through continuous process improvement activities. - Design, commissioning and qualification of semi-automated and automated fixturing - Analyse, identify and implement manufacturing process improvements which will improve the product and support process optimisation - Support New Product Introductions across several product lines - Drive cycle time improvement, line balancing, line design, yield improvement and scrap reduction - Use Statistical data analysis as a standard tool in process qualification and process capability and quality - Plan and execute Product Qualification plans to ensure that the factory is approved to build and ship - Develop and implement quality management systems to support the manufacturing, test and quality processes - Ensure the overall Quality system is understood, managed and continuously improved. - Develop and Manage the Factory specific quality processes i.e. Incoming Quality Check, Reliability testing, Outgoing product Audits etc. - Drive Yield improvement actions with cross functional teams. - Manage and drive improvement in Supplier Quality. - Support several high profile projects simultaneously - Significant travel will be required (30-40% mainly in Europe)
Education & Experience
Degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Mechatronic Engineering or equivalent, however, if you have relevant experience, you are encouraged to apply