Engineering Project Manager
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? People here at Apple don’t just create products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. The Product Operations team is looking for a passionate, self-motivated and dynamic Operations Project Manager to join of a diverse team. We are the Centre of Excellence for everything Apple manufacturing. We work in a highly collaborative and multi-functional environment, with multiple deadlines, handling several projects at a time. You will take responsibility for complex, cross-functional projects involving differing business partners and ensure that they are scoped, planned and executed on-time and within budget. You will work out of Apple's EMEIA Headquarters in Cork and will involve travel to some of our international partners. This is a great opportunity to be a leader in Apple's exceptional Product Operations environment. If you're keen to join one of the most successful companies in the world, then we'd love to hear from you. Let’s do our best work together!
- 6-8 years relevant experience in a project management or operations management role in a high volume, high technology global manufacturing operation
- Experience in leading technically complex projects that are dynamic and are business critical
- Strong interpersonal and demonstrated leadership skills are important, along with the ability to operate comfortably in a fast moving and flexible environment.
- Comfortable working within a highly matrixed organisation
- Ability to collaborate with different teams including engineering, operations, business functions and external suppliers, using savvy influencing skills to drive decisions and meet specific deadlines
- Analytical thinker who is data driven, with a can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate evolving business needs
- Facilitate communication across a project and alert broader team of changes to scope, timeline and resources
- Strong presentation, problem resolution and problem solving skills
- Ability to articulate complex business and technical situations to a variety of audiences
- Proven strong technical skills in hardware and / or software
- Ability to effectively prioritize, multi-task with strict deadlines on multiple projects in a fast paced environment
You will be responsible for leading projects at specific European vendor sites and within the wider EMEIA Product Operations organisation. Responsibilities will include alignment with project sponsors, forming and leading the project team, defining budgets and obtaining approval, regular communication of status and critical issues to a wide partner group, escalation of impacting issues to functional owners and tracking and delivery of project goals within the agreed schedule. - Lead efforts on strategic projects across Product Operations - Develop strong links with the business owners and the functional management team in Product Operations as well as partner teams in other Apple functions and key external vendors - Apply best-in-class project management methodologies on all projects - Implement an effective communication strategy to ensure that all project partners are kept fully informed on project progress - Ensure that projects are well scoped, utilise appropriate resources and apply well-costed solutions - Provide succinct and accurate updates for the weekly project dashboard meeting - Ensure that the team meets its key goals and critical issue practices are clearly understood and in place - Flexible to deal with fast-changing business environments and focus on measurements including Cost, Quality and Availability - Collaborate with multi-functional peers on key business initiatives
Education & Experience
Minimum honours Level 8 degree in Engineering, Operations or Business Management or if you have an equivalent Third Level qualification you are encouraged to apply.