Senior Manager - Readiness
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together, we build products and experiences people once could not have envisioned, and now cannot imagine living without. We are proud of our people, and teamwork is important at Apple. Every day, we'll connect you with your peers and colleagues at one of the most inclusive companies in the world. The EMEIA Product Launch Readiness team at Apple is looking for a dynamic, experienced and ambitious candidate for the role of the EMEIA Readiness Manager. In this role you will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of Apple’s New Products to our customers in line with company strategy. The suitable candidate will lead the NPI Operations Readiness team. The role is a challenging one that requires strong leadership skills & provides the platform to influence cross functionally at site, Regional & Global level. If you have exceptional people and project management skills, are proficient with change management and love smashing expectations in a challenging and dynamic environment, this could be your ideal role. We'd love to hear from you!
- You get excited about Apple and it's products, obsess over the customer experience and love exceeding their expectations
- You are a self-starter, enjoy a challenge and are steadfast in the pursuit of getting it ‘right first time’
- You ‘Know People’ which enables you to get things done effectively; listening & understanding others’ perspectives allows you to challenge them effectively
- You excel at developing people, and inspiring your team to work with our vision
- Be ambitious, and resist the gravitational pull of mediocrity
- Love presenting out to all levels of the organization and rather than deferring responsibility, you are comfortable owning the hard calls
- You are willing to travel given the scope of the role and the opportunity to influence Globally.
- Exceptional written and verbal language skills
- Positive attitude, energy and outlook
- Ability to form effective relationships with cross-functional teams
- Ability to lead, communicate and appropriately influence partners & project team members
- Razor-sharp problem solving skills & ability to evaluate, analyse and present data clearly
- Ability to deliver quality work to tight deadlines despite the challenges of a fast moving environment
- Practical and proactive approach to problem solving and process improvement
- Ability to inspire change and cope with ambiguity
- A self-starter & creative thinker who can see opportunities to optimize and enhance existing processes to enable scalability
- Strong work ethic, perseverance and flexibility
- Strong people manager with a proven track record of talent development
Coordination of Product Launches across all Operational Groups. Proactively share updates and ensure all deliverables \ dependencies are clearly & concisely called out Build & execute the Regional plan Manage issue tracking & risk resolution Develop & implementation of the launch strategy by route to market. Own regional strategy and ensure that it aligns with global direction Provide timely notification where course correction is required Executive Reporting of launch progress to Senior Management (Regional & WW) Post NPI, leading post mortem discussions to review performance & capture key findings Analyzing the root cause of issues, driving resolution and implemeting process improvements Align with EMEIA Product Marketing on Launch Wave strategy at NPI, specifically for iPhone, iPad & Watch.
Education & Experience
Masters/Bachelors degree ideally This role would suit an existing Apple employee with minimum 3 to 5 years Ops management and people management experience. Significant project management experience (PMP is a distinct advantage).