Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Be a significant part of the HWTE Core Infrastructure team that is at the center of the Apple Factory’s Development Process in delivering software rapidly to factories located globally. We develop IT systems to improve the productivity of engineers developing Factory test stations for new products. We are looking for a Software Engineer well versed in creating, building and maintaining software tools that directly effect how we manufacture products. Ideal applicant should be a software engineer at their core, with a deep interest in operating systems and environment provisioning. Hardware Test Engineering Core Infrastructure team is looking for a Software Engineer who will be responsible for building OS provisioning applications for factory test distribution systems in support of Apple manufacturing efforts. Candidate should have wide-ranging exposure and different levels of experience with standard Unix technologies, LAMP stack, CI/CD work flows, the ability to independently prioritize different projects, and a track record of timely execution using industry best practices.
- Strong programming skills in OS based scripting languages: Bash or ZSH
- Strong programming skills in LAMP technologies: Python, PHP & MySQL
- Experience with developer environment tools - Docker, Vagrant
- Experience with code-review and CI technologies: Jenkins, Git pull-request
- Familiarity with configuration management tools - Ansible, Puppet, Chef or similar
Description This is your chance to join a small and agile team that has proven itself by delivering high-quality products in a timely manner. You should be comfortable working in a highly visible, but collaborative environment. You should also be ready to be a hands-on, pro-active, self-motivated engineer with strong initiative and a desire to succeed in a challenging environment. Responsibilities include: • Develop and maintain software deployed as a micro-service • Define application environments to SRE teams • Give presentations and colloquium-style tech reviews on best practices to Sr. Management teams • Achieve and maintain expected productivity levels with minimal supervision • Travel: US and APAC based travel required as needed, not to exceed 20%
Education & Experience
Bachelors or MA within a Computer Science or other related engineering degree - however, if you have the correct experience, we encourage you to apply.
- • Experience with full CI/CD workflows
- • Experience coding for micro service architectures
- • Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- • Excellent written and spoken communication skills