Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? People here at Apple don’t just create products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do! The Product Operations team is looking for a passionate, self-motivated and hard-working New Product Introduction (NPI) manager to be part of a diverse, dynamic and high-energy team. We work in a highly collaborative and multi-functional environment, with multiple deadlines, handling several NPI projects at a time. You will take responsibility for complex, cross-functional NPI projects involving multiple business partners and ensure that they are scoped, planned and executed on-time and within budget. You will work out of Apple's EMEIA Headquarters in Cork and the role will involve travel to some of our international partners. This is a great opportunity to be a leader in Apple's exceptional Product Operations organisation. If you're keen to join one of the most successful companies in the world, then we'd love to hear from you. Let’s do our best work together.
- At least 5 years experience of managing an engineering or operations team in a high technology environment
- Minimum of 8 years experience in an NPI project management role in a high volume, high technology global manufacturing operation
- Strong interpersonal and demonstrated leadership skills are important, along with the ability to operate comfortably in a fast moving and flexible environment.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse global teams including engineering, operations, business functions and external suppliers, using savvy influencing skills to drive decisions and meet specific deadlines
- Analytical thinker who is data driven, with a can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate evolving business needs
- Facilitate communication across a wide range of NPI projects and alert the broader team of changes to scope, timeline and resources
- Strong presentation, problem resolution and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and an ability to articulate complex business and technical situations to a variety of audience
- Proven strong technical skills in product/test engineering
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task with strict deadlines on multiple projects in a fast paced environment
You will be responsible for leading NPI projects within the wider EMEIA Product Operations team. Responsibilities will include early stage engagement with the Product Design, Engineering and NPO teams to scope and plan the regional NPI roadmap. The NPI manager will be responsible for flawless execution of NPI projects within EMEIA Product Operations ensuring that the projects are delivered on-time and within budget. NPI Lead for NPI projects in EMEIA Product Operations Ensure an effective transfer of NPI projects to the sustaining Operations teams Ensure that Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Test (DFT) inputs are provided early in the product development lifecycle Apply best-in-class project management methodologies on all projects Implement an effective communication strategy to ensure that all project partners are kept fully informed on project progress Develop strong links with the business owners and the functional management team in Product Operations, partner teams in other Apple functions and the US NPO organisation Ensure that projects are well scoped, utilise appropriate resources and apply well-costed solutions Ensure that the team meets its key goals and critical issue practices are clearly understood and in place Ensure a highly efficient, accurate and flexible BoM process is in place for NPI, sustaining and rework activities Develop a highly performing NPI Project team by providing the necessary leadership, direction and support to each team member
Education & Experience
Minimum honours degree in Engineering, Operations or Business Management or if you have an equivalent Third Level qualification you are encouraged to apply. A formal project management qualification would be an advantage