Ecosystem Partnerships Manager – MFi/HomeKit Program
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
The Apple MFi (Made for iPhone/iPad/iPod) Program is one of the largest technology licensing programs in the world. It encompasses thousands of companies from a wide array of industries and many of the best-known global brands. The program enables hardware developers to create third-party products that work seamlessly with Apple devices through Apple technologies like HomeKit, AirPlay, and CarPlay. The MFi team is seeking a high-caliber individual to help build the fast-growing ecosystem of HomeKit-enabled connected home devices. The ideal candidate has strong analytical and problem-solving skills, is passionate about managing partnerships, adept at operating in a multidisciplinary role, and ready to execute at a tactical level whenever needed.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years experience managing technology-based partnerships, ideally with developers in the home automation/consumer hardware space.
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to analyze issues, develop and deliver effective tactical solutions and scalable processes.
- Stellar verbal/written communication skills across a wide variety of audiences; ability to craft and deliver nuanced messages.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to influence without authority and help drive streamlined decision-making across internal and external stakeholders.
- Meticulous attention to detail and capable of balancing multiple projects/tasks in parallel without impacting the quality of deliverables.
- Self-starter who works effectively in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable managing ambiguity.
- Working knowledge of the hardware/firmware development process, home automation space and relevant wireless technologies.
• Engage with third-party accessory developers and cross-functional teams to help bring best-in-class HomeKit accessories to market. Champion developer needs and issues within Apple as they complete accessory certification milestones. • Drive collaboration with internal stakeholders in Engineering, QA, Product Marketing, Marcom, Legal, Developer Relations, and other teams to enable the successful launch of HomeKit-enabled accessories. • Develop and maintain a deep understanding of MFi Program technologies including the smart home/consumer electronics landscape, in order to effectively communicate Apple’s message to existing and potential new partners. • Identify and help drive process improvements which facilitate a best-in-class licensee experience and enable the team to continue to scale. • Manage all aspects of on-boarding and account management for developers focused on HomeKit and other program technologies. Day-to-day licensee account management activities include: – Evaluate third-party product proposals – Collaborate with partners to navigate the certification process – Manage contracts administration – Drive compliance initiatives • Other projects and duties, as assigned.
Education & Experience
BA/BS/B.Eng degree required; MBA preferred