Record to Report Regional Operations Manager, GBS
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined, and now can’t imagine living without! If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job! We support and promote career development throughout our organisation, offering a long and exciting career with many opportunities to enable you to perfect your existing skills and acquire new ones. Apple’s Global Business Solutions (GBS) organisation operates four shared service centers around the world, including Cork. The Record to Report Regional Operations Manager is a key member of the GBS management team in Cork. The successful candidate will lead a high performing team of finance professionals to drive operational excellence across the function.
- Knowledge of the R2R function is highly desirable.
- Strong business partnering skills and ability to establish relationships with cross-functional and global partners.
- Consistent track record in managing a compliance function.
- Proven experience in delivering automated solutions and scalable processes.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and oversee a strong control environment.
- Experience leading multiple projects at the same time.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills.
- Foster a strong customer focused culture that ensures delivery of timely and quality services to both internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and negotiating skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, while working independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment.
- Proven ability to perform to tight deadlines.
- Strong background in accounting and finance.
- The ideal candidate is experienced managing people and processes for high-risk areas, comfortable with technology and working collaboratively with technical resources, and a strategic thinker with the ability to see the big picture while working with ambiguity and uncertainty.
This role is primary responsible for managing the US GAAP and local GAAP accounting, as well as local statutory & tax compliance functions for multiple legal entities in EMEIA. This position is tasked with developing strong business relationships with senior finance management, and to lead the R2R team in managing a strong accounting and compliance function for the region. Key Duties and Responsibilities: - Lead the R2R team for EMEIA. - Ensure SLA’s and Metrics are achieved for the EMEIA R2R team. - Ensure GAAP, company finance policies, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, tax and legal requirements are complied with. - Ensure monthly and quarterly close process is completed inline with Corporate deadlines. - Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, controls and systems to ensure company policies are implemented, transactions are accurately accounted for, and reports are generated/analysed on a timely basis. - Ensure systems, processes, tools and business relationships to enable effective legal entity controllership compliance. - Maintain data integrity of SAP to ensure US GAAP rules and local legal statutory and accounting reporting requirements are met. - Overall responsibility for high quality of financial statements of legal entities in EMEIA. - Review existing controls and procedures to ensure that they are satisfactory and are up to date with the business requirements - Be a key focal point with company auditors and tax agents, drive the resolution of any key control issues from the overall Finance group and ensure these are eliminated & mitigated. - Partner with key cross-functional business partners to anticipate changes in the business that impact R2R systems and processes and develop an action plan to address such changes. - Collaborate with the global R2R team to ensure system and process changes are compatible across regions. - Drive R2R strategy and agree on global investment. - Motivate, develop and coach a team of high performing individuals, while also creating a culture of learning and development within the entire R2R Organisation.