QA Engineer - Canadian French
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Software and Services
The European Localisation Quality team is responsible for designing, implementing and executing both automated and manual test plans in an effort to assure the quality of Apple’s localised products. As a Test Lead in the ELQ organisation you will support the lifecycle of various Apple software products from product introduction to release. While coordinating testing you’ll also collaborate with international software QA centres, software engineering teams, translators and project managers to ensure that Apple delivers world-class software products to our international markets.
- Fluent speaker of the language outlined above.
- Full working proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- Power user of Apple products (hardware and software).
- Experience in leading testing teams or cross functional teams.
- Solid knowledge of release, test cycles and tools related to localisation and QA testing.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Flexible, pro-active and team-oriented attitude.
- Ability to independently learn new technologies.
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
Work cross-functionally with engineering teams, international QA centres, translators and project managers. Prepare and maintain high quality test instructions and TSTTs focused on international markets. Coordinate and support testing across multiple language testers, monitoring, measuring and reporting on test progress. Correlate testing results and report quality status. Evaluate and screen bugs, highlighting localisation/international issues and risk areas. Provide feedback to management on project related matters (workload, training needs, etc.). Identify areas of improvement in existing tools and processes, and addressing issues with innovative solutions. Perform localisation and functional testing as a member of a test team.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering, or equivalent.