Supplier Quality Engineer
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on Apple products and leave a footprint for years to come. We have an opportunity for an accomplished quality engineer to lead development, and ramp for a next generation Apple product. Our quality engineering team enables the mass creation of impossible products as a partner in the development of Apple's renowned designs.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing and Quality Control.
- Exceptional ability to understand, present and communicate complex data across all levels in the organization.
- Proven ability to excel in a multi-functional environment. Having on-site Supplier Quality management experience would be an advantage.
- Experience developing process quality plans, supplier quality audits, and driving corrective actions and failure analysis efforts.
- Working knowledge of mechanical quality and reliability concepts, supplier management, and general manufacturing operations.
- Experience with the development and evaluation of measurement systems
- Knowledge of programming Optical measuring machine (OMM), Co-ordinate Measuring Machine (CMM), contour machine, interferometer, 3D scanning and other high precision equipment.
- Disciplined in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) practices with close attention to datum establishment and tolerance analysis
- Project management experience and a solid understanding of problem solving tools including design of experiments, root cause analysis and statistical analytical tools using JMP or Minitab
- Experience with any of the following: mechanical parts, castings, plastic parts, injection molding, tooling, jigs, fixtures, or automotive high volume quality manufacturing engineering
- Familiarity with Lithium-based battery technologies is a plus
- Experience working Internationally would be great - extensive travel will be part of this role
Partner with multi-functional teams to evaluate design and processes at the concept phase Develop measurement technologies, control strategies, information systems, and manufacturing methods that achieve ambitious specifications at massive production scale Develop and implement groundbreaking quality inspection tools to evaluate cosmetic and dimensional part characteristics Compile and evaluate data to establish appropriate limits and variables for process and part specifications Lead activities to balance unparalleled quality with scalable yields Collaborate with internal and external groups to ensure that proper definition of quality expectations and that appropriate assurance techniques are used for the product Coordinate all Quality Engineering functions for a program, serving as project manager to lead efforts at supplier locations Establish audit procedures appropriate to program and supplier to ensure alignment to Apple quality standards Evaluate and communicate yields of new and existing processes Drive corrective actions multi-functionally with both internal and external team members Lead overall Supplier Quality Management activities. Extensive European Travel to supplier sites
Education & Experience
Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Technology, or similar