Retail Demand Planner (perm)
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big. As the Retail Demand Planner for Europe, Middle East and Africa you will be responsible for developing the EMEIA Retail forecast for one of Apple’s product lines based on business trends and demand patterns. Proactively communicating deviation from projections & presenting your analysis and insights to senior leadership is key to this role. You will be working closely with our team in Cupertino, California & Retail Market Development & commercial teams in London to develop your forecast. Your colleagues on the supply planning team in Cork will position inventory to support your forecast. You will get to work on setting Retail’s forecast for the amazing new products that Apple introduces on a regular basis, managing these products right through their lifecycle from launch day in Amsterdam store to end of life in Zorlu ,Turkey.
- In depth knowledge of mathematical and forecasting techniques.
- Superb communicator, ability to engage & influence at all levels.
- Positive energy and attitude.
- Flexibility, adaptability and proven ability to work under pressure.
- A self-motivating, innovative individual who also can work as part of a team.
- Razor-sharp analytical skills with the ability to evaluate, analyse and present data.
- Demonstrate a practical and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Creative thinker who can identify opportunities to optimise and enhance existing processes.
- Drive towards deadlines and demonstrate effective time management.
- Ability to develop strong cross-functional and trusted relationships with all stakeholders.
- Ability to see beyond immediate challenges to understand downstream impacts of decisions.
- Advanced excel skills.
Own the forecast for all products within one of Apple’s lines of business including New Product Introductions and New Store Openings. Drive a pro-active and positive engagement with a cross functional team in Cork, Cupertino and London in order to develop the forecast. Prepare and present demand data and insights to senior leadership. Review latest demand trends versus the forecast through daily trend analysis. Root cause and explain any big variances versus the forecast. Proactively communicate major forecast changes to impacted partner teams. Build and in depth knowledge of Demand Planning processes in order to develop SME knowledge and be in position to provide excellent levels of cross functional support / project inputs. Support ongoing business process improvement identifying and championing improvement opportunities to optimise Retail Forecasting. Be a key member of the RFO team.
Education & Experience
Masters or Bachelors degree ideally. However applicants with 3-5 years relevant experience in this area will also be considered. We are also open to meeting candidates from the following fields - Finance & Business Intelligence/Computer Science, and Engineering