Cork, County Cork, Ireland
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish!! As a Reliability Engineer, you will help to guide and validate design for reliability of state of the art electromechanical systems. We are a cross-functional product development team. You will have a hands-on approach, a can-do attitude, a real passion for solving complex problems, and the ability to make smart decisions about new technology. For this role, you will need to have experience performing reliability testing including mechanical stress/shock /drop vibration testing and Environmental testing. We are looking for someone who can lead the implementation and development of our testing capability. Ideally, you will come with consumer electronics experience but you are encouraged to apply if you have experience within medical, automotive, aerospace and other fields with relevant technology and development models. You will get the opportunity to travel and gain international experience as you will work on a global manufacturing team!
- 5+ years as a durability/reliability engineer in a R&D environment
- Experience defining reliability specifications, executing reliability tests, and assessing reliability performance using statistical methods
- Self-motivated to investigate and take on hard problems
- Ability to clearly articulate issues quantitatively both verbally and with documentation
- Ability to work in a team based, ambiguous environment
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects at once, prioritize and complete tasks to meet deadlines
- Flexibility and adaptability while working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Extraordinary analytical skills
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electronic systems
- Deep understanding of the physics behind material properties
- Ability to perform analysis of materials using metrology equipment.
- Application of DOE and FMEA
- Ability to analyze and draw conclusions from large data sets
- Experience performing risk assessments
- Knowledge of product test software and hardware.
- Develop of reliability / durability requirements & specifications - Lead cross-functional FMEA (failure mode and effects analysis) activity to identify risks early in the design phase - Execute validation test plans and DOE (design of experiments) for durability performance characterisation. - Develop test methods for new technologies based on physics of failure and expected field usage - Identify the necessary test tools & equipment, and required specifications, for validation testing - Work with local and international suppliers to bring-up reliability test capabilities - Compile validation test planning and execution - Assess reliability through statistical analysis of stress test data and failure analysis - Troubleshoot first level failure analysis, and maintenance of device under test - Work towards corrective actions for reliability issues - Document specifications, test methods, and results - Present results and status updates to engineering and executive teams
Education & Experience
Degree qualified in Engineering or computer science, however, we encourage anyone from another technical background to apply. A Masters or PhD would be great