Fixed Asset Accountant
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Apple is a place where extraordinary people do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be the right step… Just be prepared to dream big! Apple has been operating in Cork since 1980. We have grown to over 5000 employees, serving our customers through a wide range of critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success. Collaboration is important at Apple, and every day you will connect with and be supported by your peers and colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world. We support and promote career development throughout the organisation, offering an exciting career with many opportunities to enable you perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones. The successful candidate will become a member of the wider Finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including Sales Fulfillment, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music, Apple Retail as well as part of the Global Business Solutions (GBS) function! This is a key role in a dynamic environment with the potential for the role to develop further with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements. This role will join our Record to Report, Accounting Hub team. The Accounting Hub Team support functions such as Revenue, Treasury, Copyright, Fixed Assets, Inventory and Intercompany.
- Minimum requirements:
- - Qualified finance professional (e.g ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA)
- - PQE 1 years +
- - Experience in multi-national environment
- - Savvy in technology, SAP financial solutions, business intelligence tool.
- Preferred Requirements:
- - Customer focused with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- - Excellent analytical and problem solving skills - a naturally enquiring approach
- - Mature, responsible, motivated, hardworking, self-driven and able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- - Ability to see the bigger picture and take initiative
- - Effective teammate and like to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- - Able to adapt to changing business priorities and timelines.
- Ensuring Apple’s fixed assets are accurately recorded and reported for corporate, statutory and tax purposes and own the related operational processes in conjunction with a controls structure - Preparing accounting analysis, journal entries, reconciliations, quarterly schedules and reporting, analysis of construction-in-progress and fixed assets inventory audits - Ensuring financial data is recorded in accordance with established company policies and Local GAAP and ensuring SOX controls compliance - Assist in the monthly & quarterly close process in R2R ensuring fixed asset activities are completed within the timetable - A key part of this role is challenging existing processes, driving opportunities for efficiencies and driving continual improvement - Maintain excellent relationships with key business partners including Real Estate & Development, Retail Finance, AO Tooling and Corporate Accounting to name a few, through regular communications - Responsible for the management of fixed asset projects and ownership of ongoing initiatives to deal with the growth & expansion in Apple. - Demonstrate technical and analytical abilities combined with a statutory mentality to drive system automation and process improvements - Acting as a key point of contact with auditors for statutory & tax audits in the area of fixed assets