Data Analyst (11 month contract)
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! This is an exciting opportunity for a graduate to be part of a fast paced environment where they will be involved, challenged and empowered to ensure our customers have an amazing experience! The Apple Operations (AO) team is looking for a Project Manager to support our Equipment Asset Management functions. You have adapt quickly to business changes and drive innovative automated solutions in this challenging and exciting role. Reporting to the Technical Manager & will have responsibilities within a range of projects and process improvement initiatives for the management of Tooling Assets associated with our OEM supply base. This is a hugely important and evolving area at Apple where there is significant investment and enhancement taking place. The role has high visibility with senior operations and finance partners.
- Solid experience of project management in similar areas is key.
- SAP Knowledge desirable.
- Good reporting skills, GBI knowledge would be a plus.
- Database experience would be an advantage e.g. Business Intelligence, Microsoft Access.
- Solid experience with data analytics and tools such as Excel, Alteryx, SQL and Tableau, R or Python
- Technical mindset with the ability to quickly understand business processes and drivers.
- Advanced quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Proven working experience as a data analyst
- Experience in reconciling large volumes of data within complex data sets.Demonstrated Leadership skills in driving key projects & teams.
- Ability to operate using your own initiative in a flexible & dynamic organisation - be able to thrive in a challenging environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and experience presenting to and influencing leadership.
- Ability to influence others and work effectively at all levels in an organisation.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and within a small dynamic team.
- Ability to set goals and drive schedules.
Provide technical support for the Buy/Sell and Asset Management functions. Escalation point for all technical issues, coordinate issue resolution measures, and oversee issue resolution strategies. Represent Apple Operations in business expansion projects as a key business partner. Create specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. Directly produce datasets and reports for analysis using system reporting tools. Key driver in developing automated solutions and testing that these solutions are fit for purpose. Oversee all aspects of the process improvement initiatives including detailed process maps, business requirements documentation, and project tracking and communication. Liaison between the business and technology groups building strong relationships to ensure business needs are adequately met with technology solutions. As this is a global role, you will work across time zones that may require some flexibility at times
Education & Experience
B.Eng (Hons), M.Eng in Electronic / Electrical Engineering / Computer Science / Software Development or equivalent Third Level engineering qualification