Machine Learning Manager
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Machine Learning and AI
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The analytic insight team is looking for a strong manager to help drive strategy and development of our operations and fulfillment programs. It is an outstanding opportunity to work on strategic projects and on a fast-paced team impacting all parts of Apple's ecosystem Technical managers deliver process and analytic solutions that have a strategic impact for Apple. They drive decision automation that allows Apple to execute with greater speed, control, efficiency, and scale. They help realize business opportunity and balance operational tradeoffs through data science. Most importantly, they allow Apple to provide exceptional service to each and every one of its users. SDS Managers accomplish this by providing leadership across functional teams to conceptualize, build, and deliver automated decision analytics and forensic analysis. This requires continuous problem solving, rapid learning, and an innovative attitude. It also requires discipline, perseverance, and self-awareness as you work with many different business and engineering teams.
- - Working collaboratively with our team of data scientists, data analysts, and program managers
- - Developing partnerships with key business managers across a variety of teams across Apple, including finance, operations, engineering, and corporate security
- - Translating business needs into initiatives with well-defined business requirements
- - Identifying new business opportunities and developing solutions that balance impact, cost, resourcing, timeline, success likelihood, and analytic risk
- - Developing and prioritizing analytic development projects
- - Leading business critical metrics
- - Effectively communicating project status and analytic results
We are looking for someone who is able to work independently, grasp new concepts quickly, and be capable of leading analytic projects down to the details. The incumbent would work well under limited supervision and use good judgment to know when to update and seek inputs from team members, partners, and leadership. The candidate must connect with various levels of the organization and must shift rapidly between communications styles. Example activities include: - Planning and driving cross-functional projects with business partners - Driving internal analytic development sprints - Leading analytic investigations - Facilitating change management initiatives - Delivering quarterly business reviews
Education & Experience
KEY QUALIFICATIONS - BS / MS in mathematics, computer science, engineering or related technical field a plus - Experience in supply demand planning - Experience leading successful, high-impact teams - Consistent track record in building and delivering effective executive communication - Strong interpersonal skills with ability to connect with individuals at all levels and develop partnerships - Proven track record to inspire change through positive influence of co-workers, leadership, and business partners - Inquisitiveness and a desire for continued self-improvement
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity! We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.