Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. Are you excited by the idea of making a real impact? Are you prepared to dream big? Then a career with Apple might be your dream job!! The Apple Product Operations team is currently seeking to appoint a dynamic and motivated individual to work in the EMEIA Manufacturing Engineering team. We are responsible for providing & coordinating manufacturing support, quality improvements, process improvements and cost reductions to all activities performed by Cork, EMEA & manufacturing distribution centre operations. We work with other functions including production, test, quality, design engineering, US & vendors to provide accurate and timely resolution of issues associated within manufacturing. You will work closely with many other functional areas to facilitate the tactical day-to-day functions of the operation in the execution of critical metrics. You will have the ability to work individually in a highly pressurised, multi-functional team. This role will be predominantly based in our Cork EMEIA headquarters with some travel to regional Distribution Centres.
- 3+ years relevant experience in a manufacturing engineering / technical role in a high volume, high technology global manufacturing operation
- Relevant Engineering experience specifically relating to Lean Manufacturing, production support and quality
- Should be flexible and capable of working on own initiative with a professional attitude and good communication skills
- Consistently identifies, initiates and drives continuous improvement throughout the business.
- Computer-literate with experience of appropriate simulation and CAD packages.
- Strong sense of urgency and customer orientation Experience in engineering, manufacturing operations automation
- Exposure to lean principles including 5S, WCM, Standard Work and TPM
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Good analytical, data analysis and problem solving skills
Providing manufacturing engineering support to production operations in Cork and at EMEA Distribution Centre locations. Provide support and leadership in achieving World Class Manufacturing, Safety, Quality, Customer Service, and Cost standards through continuous process improvement activities. Design, commissioning and qualification of semi-automated and automated fixturing Support New Product Introductions across several product lines Drive cycle time improvement, line balancing, line design, yield improvement and scrap reduction
Education & Experience
B.Eng (Hons) / M.Eng in Mechanical/Industrial/Mechatronics/Biomedical Engineering or equivalent. Third level qualification in Quality management is desirable. Six sigma quality training would be an advantage.