Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. What will you do? At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish!! The business analytics team is responsible for business performance reporting and advanced data analytics across Apple Operations Europe. You will have a very keen eye for business balanced with data analytics capability. We collaborate with all of the operations functional business teams to build powerful and insightful data analytics solutions. These solutions play a highly valuable role in the Apple supply chain end to end from manufacturing through to delivery of our products into the hands of our Apple customers. You will be highly visible within the EMEIA region and globally requiring you to interact with executives throughout Apples operations organisation. You will play a critical role in defining Apple operations longer term strategy in data science and analytics!
- 5+ years experience in a data science, research
- Background in statistics, mathematics and methodologies
- Innovative and strategic approach to reporting and business analytics.
- Familiarity with multiple platforms, tools, methodologies in the reporting, data management and advanced analytics space including Tableau, Business Objects, Python, R.
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal - able to present complex analytics to an executive audience.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and prioritise work based on business benefit.
- Experience driving reporting improvements and technology implementations in support of business analytics
- Some familiarity of supply chain and supply, demand forecasting an advantage.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and handle the pressure of last minute requests
- Ability to comprehensively understand data elements, sources and relationships
- Ability to operate comfortably and optimal in a fast paced, highly-matrixed, rapidly changing environment
- Extensive knowledge of reporting tools such as Business Objects, Tableau.
- Knowledge of analytical tools including R, Jupyter & Python would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of relational database technologies such as Teradata, MySQL as well as other multidimensional analytical processing tools, OLAP.
- Strong SQL execution and optimisation skills and Excel skills
You will partner with worldwide Decision Support, BPR (Business Process Reengineering), RAD (Rapid Application Development) & IS&T (Information Systems & Technology) teams to design, develop and drive implementation of the business vision and systems/tools to support reporting, data analytics and information delivery. Some of the main responsibilities include: - Implement the business strategy and vision around reporting and data capabilities required to support business management and executive decision-making - Work as part of a team of data analysts and developers focused on providing the information needed to lead Apple’s business - Management and delivery of information supporting regular business activities - Liaise with other Apple organisations on data governance, reporting standards, data quality, reporting tools, hierarchy management and critical metrics. - Propose and implement new & innovative ways to enable the business to answer questions quickly. - Develop early alert mechanisms through analytical insights in our Ops data set and resolve assignable actions - Utilise the appropriate statistical analytics techniques to find opportunities to optimise the supply chain process’s. - Champion the functions decision automation strategy by seeking opportunities for application of machine learning and robotic process automation techniques.
Education & Experience
- BS or equivalent in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or Business Information Systems or equivalent degree are encouraged to apply - MSc in Computer Science of Advanced Analytics a distinct benefit