Logistics New Product Introduction (Finished Goods) (12 months contract)
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Operations and Supply Chain
This position will report into the APAC Logistics Operations in support of New Product Introductions. This role will work directly with Logistics Operations, SDM, and Readiness teams for all products. Will be required to travel as needed to support Apple Objectives.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience/tracked records in project management, including management of scope, time and schedule, with balance of quality and risk management.
- Excellent leadership skills that influence decisions and facilitate change management through pro-active collaboration with all levels across both the Business & IS&T communities.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated sound interpersonal and effective communications skills at all levels of business communication.
- Facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, and demonstrated success at building teams and relationships with key people in local and remote sites.
- Self directed and motivated with a strong sense of urgency, focus on outcomes and drive for success.
- Proficient at managing multiple efforts simultaneously in a global company.
- Understanding of the business processes and ability to document them as needed by the project.
- Excellent organisational and documentation skills.
- Proficient knowledge of the systems development lifecycle.
- Experience in facilitating workshops and brainstorming sessions to gather requirements.
- Virtual teaming, and ability of working with multi-disciplinary business groups.
- Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, and basic project planning tools.
- Ability to travel up to approximately 30% to 40% of the time.
- Understanding of inventory control policies and procedures.
- Understanding of compliance regimes.
Role: - Required to maintain to a high level of detail, be organized, be analytical and be good with numbers. - Establish a comprehensive checklist across the logistics tracks to ensure all elements are in place for execution - Work with Logistics Tracks on capacity planning and its impact on overall supply chain. - Strong leadership skills and be able to work in a fast past environment that is focused on customer expectations. - Solid understanding of logistics processes, including In-bound Freight, DC Operations and Inventory Control. - Ability to understand potential gaps and impact to the end to end supply chain from changes in PORs. Responsibilities: - Applies project management methodology to support the completion of New Product Introductions and business process deliverables. - Onboard new products with new partners in extremely diverse customs compliance environments. - Maintain the strictest confidentiality in relation to new products. - Seek out standard methodology in Apple's global Readiness and NPI groups and implement in the Pacific Logistics organisation. - Design, development and implementation of processes that will ensure material movement both systematically and physically. - Recommend processes to streamline the department operations. - Establish single and consistent communications platform to share and maintain business information with internal and external teams. - Accountable for accomplishing the stated New Product logistics objectives. Key project management responsibilities include defining clear and attainable objectives, building the requirements, and managing all elements of New Product Introductions. - Supply appropriate daily, weekly and monthly reporting as requested. - Communicate with management all process execution failures that affect Apple’s ability to mange its business and conduct post mortums on any such failures and report back to management on improvements to process.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree (essential), preferably in Business or Systems and Industrial Engineering
- Accomplished 5+ years experience in combination of business analysis and project management experience (essential).
- Minimum 4-6 years experience of Operations experience
- Service parts management and experience (preferred).
- IT systems (SAP, WMS, TMS, EDI, etc capabilities) implementation experience (desired).
- Project Management certification (PMP) (desired).
- Service and support experience in consumer electronics industry and APAC region (desired).