Business Analytics Manager (18 month contract)
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! This is an exciting, challenging opportunity for a manager to lead a highly skilled innovative team at Apple! The EMEIA BA (Business Analytics) team is responsible for data strategy, business performance reporting and advanced analytics across Apple supply chain teams in Europe. You will be an innovative and strategic thinker, a strong eye for business balanced with relevant technology expertise required to drive and motivate a team of data scientists, data analysts and data engineers responsible for the roadmap for supply chain analytics. You will work collaboratively across functional business teams to build powerful and insightful data analytics solutions. We play a vital role in Apple's supply chain from manufacturing through to delivery of our products into the hands of our customers. The role will be highly visible regionally and globally and will require you to interact with senior executives throughout Apples operations organisation. You will play a critical role in defining Apple operations advanced analytics strategy in data science, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- 5+ Years experience leading a similar type of team.
- Fast Learner with ability to quickly absorb complex business and technology concepts.
- Good familiarity with data platforms, tools & methodologies in the data management, reporting and advanced analytics space including SQL, Tableau, Business Objects, Python, R. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal - able to present complex analytics concepts at an executive level.
- Knowledge of supply chain including supply, demand planning and forecasting, capacity planning and supply chain optimisation.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and handle the pressure of last minute requests
- Ability to operate comfortably and effectively in a fast paced, highly-matrixed, rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated leadership abilities as well as teamwork and influencing skills
- Knowledge of relational database technologies such as Teradata, MySQL and data warehouse technologies.
Leading the data strategy and vision for advanced analytics. Partnering with the worldwide data science teams to design and implement the Ops analytics roadmap and management system. Your team will be focused on providing data insights, optimiser solutions, cost savings opportunities and advanced decision automation through machine learning. Driving an innovative team to find new & better ways to enable the business answer complex questions quickly. Designing early alert mechanisms through data science and automation which will systematically drive actions to keep the supply chain moving efficiently. Owning the operations strategy for artificial intelligence and machine learning in a supply chain environment. Prioritising initiatives and projects across a broad portfolio of projects and initiatives.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in a relevant business or technical field related to data analytics. MSc or PHD in Computer Science or Advanced Analytics would be great!