Employee Relations Business Partner
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
At Apple, we’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. In this interesting and varied role you will provide consulting and guidance regarding matters to Executives, Talent partners and Employees. The Employee Relations Business Partner helps ensure the legal compliance, adherence to and consistent application of Apple policies and practices. You will help to improve ER efficiencies with metric-driven continuous improvement, and ensures that legal requirements are met to minimize exposure to liability. This work is accomplished through deep understanding and tight-knit collaboration with partners and functions across Apple.
- Proven related ER experience and industrial relations experience
- Are you experienced in balancing multiple priorities, partners and work streams across markets?
- Demonstrable ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Shown command skills and an ability to influence others
- Are you passionate about building positive relationships and work reciprocally with managers and People Team colleagues?
- Do you have superb communication skills including effective listening, writing and presentation?
- Can you demonstrate knowledge of local employment laws and regulations?
- Large corporation HR/ER experience preferred.
- You will showcase your high levels of discretion, integrity and confidentiality
- You will provide support and direction to all levels of Leadership, Employees, People and Corporate Partners with understanding Apple Policies and Local Legislation where relevant. - You will support the timely lifecycle of ER Cases. - Identify, analyse and implement resolutions to complex and sensitive issues. - Lead and conduct investigations regarding potential misconduct and policy violations. - Support the outcome of cases throughout partnership on correct articulation and documentation. - Support the Organisation with legislatively compliant implementation of initiatives. - Develop, communicate and implement company-wide programs, policies, and procedures. - Guide and influence all levels of management regarding critical and complex decisions. - Evaluate and review employee related decisions in response to employee concerns. - Support workplace violence assessments and implement response plans as needed. - Support Crisis Management Team response as needed. - Coordinate and deliver locally relevant Training. - Support all levels of Leadership, Employees, People and Corporate Partners in navigating Short & Longterm Sick cases, and identifying suitable accommodations including Job Searches. - Oversee and lead responses to government labour or employment related audits, information requests and inspections. - Use metrics with clients to highlight trends and develop strategies to foster positive in the business and mitigate risk. - Support projects/initiatives as needed. -Administrative support as required. SOCIAL REPRESENTATION RESPONSIBILITIES - Lead the social representation agenda in partnership with the ER Leader (mandatory meetings, negotiations, elections, etc.) - Support electoral processes when required with logistics, partnership with legal team and external vendors. - Analyse and provide direction regarding the implementation of key company initiatives through information sharing, consultation, and codetermination activities. - Prepare information/consultation documentation to support discussion with social partners. - Connect with key partners before, during, and after social partner negotiations, to ensure smooth implementation of changes. - Prepare the relevant guidance for Leadership and other key stakeholders in case of serious LR situations. - Support local leaders with social partners’ queries/demands