EMEIA CSS Regional Manager
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Support and Service
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it ! As a part of the worldwide AppleCare organisation, the Senior Manager for Channel Service Support (CSS) holds a key position with responsibility for aligning people and processes across multiple divisions, functions and organisations to ensure a flawless execution of CSS activities. The CSS organisation is a central support group for AppleCare’s channel repair and business development operations.
- Excel at confidently articulating a clear and credible strategic vision for scaling the CSS business in line with Apple’s growth. Translate the vision and direction in a well-planned and organised manner.
- Accurately scope out length and complexity of tasks and projects. Set objectives and goals for self and team. Break down work into realistic process steps. Anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks. Measure performance against goals. Evaluate results and hold self and direct reports accountable. Maintain two-way dialogue with stakeholders on work and results.
- Learn quickly when facing new problems; be a relentless and versatile learner who is open to change. Analyse both successes and failures for clues to improvement. Enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and driving innovation in the organisation.
- Relate well to a variety of people and communicate effectively at all levels, Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with key internal partners while gaining their trust and respect.
- Meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Acquire first-hand customer information and use it for improvements in products and services.
- Act with customers in mind.
- Make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under critical timelines and pressure.
- Drive consistency in CSS team structures and identity.
Success is defined as proactively planning for AppleCare growth, while establishing a lean and efficient support infrastructure that enables success. The successful candidate will set the strategic direction in the following areas: 1. Channel Partner Support – front line inbound escalation team who assist Apple’s Authorised Service providers, Retail Stores and Contact Centres in solving repair related administrative issues. 2. Regional back office support of Refund, Fraud and Repair ageing analysis 3. Management of the Repair Operations Centre (ROC) globally 4. Transaction Support – plan for and manage service exception volume in Apple’s enterprise systems [SAP]. 5. Contracts Administration – plan for Apple’s growth and ensure 100% entitlement for all AppleCare Protection Plan customers. Responsibilities are centered on leading through a team of Regional senior managers based in Cork Build collaborative relationships regional peers in the United States, Singapore and China to maintain regional consistency and drive best practise standards around the world. Focus on key performance indicators to improve efficiency while reducing operational costs. Lead the business through metrics and identify where and how to focus team efforts to mitigate exceptions. Provide regular operational reporting on success indicators; develop and execute against action plans to address areas of concern, while comfortably briefing executive management on the status and health of the business. Develop scorecards based on solid metrics for key stakeholders to ensure each organisation understands the critical cross functional interdependencies and educate key leaders within each organisation to minimise critical issues. Attract, develop and lead a team of Senior Managers who have regional and global responsibilities; understand the complexities of realising operational excellence when leading through both direct and indirect reports. Develop headcount forecasts and plans to meet growth. Develop and execute action plans to address variances. Partner with Apple’s procurement organisation to identify, define, review and approve the scope of work for outsourced front office and back office work. Maintain overall responsibility for organisational planning, staffing, budgeting and managing expenses. Hold direct reports accountable for accurately scoping out length and complexity of tasks and projects, setting objectives and driving accountability for goals for themselves and their team, breaking down work into realistic process steps and measuring performance against goals. Support the team in anticipating and adjusting for problems and roadblocks and establishing effective dialogue with key stakeholders on work and results.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree plus 6-10 years or MA/MS/MBA plus 6-8 years experience, or equivalent.
- 6-10 years of operations experience in running a very fast-paced world-wide service organisation, with in-depth knowledge of Supply-Chain operations.
- Proven success managing teams with global responsibility and programs with global impact. Proven track record to leading an experienced, high performing team across multiple regions
- Must have solid mathematical and analytical skills
- Must understand the complexities and cultural nuances of doing business in Japan, Asia/ Pacific, EMEA, and the Americas