EMEIA DC Regional Logistics Manager
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we craft products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. Based at our EMEIA headquarters in Cork, the successful candidate will directly engage with our Distribution Centre (DCs) Partners to actively manage Apple’s award-winning customer experience. In this role, you'll have responsibility for driving excellence in the areas of customer service and operations across Apple's EMEIA DCs , liaising with them on operational matters as well as prepping them for Peak/Events. You'll need to have a strong operations background, and a great focus on customer service. You'll need to be an extraordinary teammate with keen planning and organization skills, and bring a proven ability to maintain priorities and deadlines with strong attention to detail. This is a highly flexible role that demands great dedication and initiative. This role is critical to the success of Apple in EMEIA and hence, an ability to adapt to changing circumstances, respond to business need and constantly be looking to improve is vital for success. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big.
- We need you to have a minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience, with a preference for relationship/supplier and project management in a similar environment.
- Previous operations and management experience is essential.
- Working experience of Six Sigma or other accepted process improvement methodology.
- You have a strong background in delivering and sustaining complex projects.
- A knowledge of industrial engineering, warehouse engineering and or process design is preferred, but not essential.
- You have strong commercial acumen, taking into account both detail and the bigger picture.
• In this role, you will focus on engagement with our DCs in EMEIA and ensuring they perform consistently to a very high standard in the areas of service, predictability, quality and cost. • You will ensure robust plans are in place to support the execution of day to day activities, both for BAU and NPI managing expected commitments. • NPI and event readiness and execution planning with direction issued to all dependent internal and external cross functional departments. • Ensure 3PLs are consistently kept informed of the Apple business direction and expectations to best prepare them for business fluctuations. • DC scale planning and long term capacity analysis outlining clear business support requirements. • You are passionate about working both as a standalone subject matter expert, as well as with all levels of management. • Project Management skills are a key requirement of the role, and you will need to have deep experience of influencing others and guiding/sustaining change. • You know how to comprehend complex technical and logical concepts and adapt quickly to changes in operational requirements. • This role may require some travel and on-site work with our Distribution Centres in the Regions, and this requirement will flex up and down based on business needs.
Education & Experience
• Educated to degree level or equivalent. • Industry qualifications In Logistics, CPC or equivalent preferred, but not essential.