Network Systems Manager
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. As the Network Systems Manager, your role is to be the Single-Point of Contact (SPOC) and Project Manager (PM) for infrastructure related projects involving and or impacting Asia-Pacific (APAC) sites. You will lead APAC network team and provide direction and mentorship to site network engineers. Design, deploy, secure, handle and support APAC Corporate WANs, LANs, WLANs, Internet Gateways, Firewalls, Remote Access infrastructure and the associated systems or OS platforms.
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years related work experience in a MNC or major national company
- Proven IP networking, telecommunication & Unix technical knowledge.
- Experience in installing, configuring & troubleshooting Cisco routers, switches.
- Run network security and information security in border zone through firewalls.
- Knowledge & experience in networking technologies such as Ethernet, MPLS, VPLS, ISDN, IPSec, VLANs, HSRP, TCP/IP, PPP, OSPF, BGP, QoS, Multicast, ACLs, VPNs, VxLAN, IP Tel, VoIP & Structured Cabling
- Experience in using network management tools for performance, tuning, troubleshooting and capacity planning such as EtherPeek, OpenNMS, MRTG, Cacti
- Knowledge and experience in the deployment of secure enterprise level wireless networks.
- Capital & Expense budgeting for the fiscal year including drafting regional project documents for prioritization by the APAC regional team. - Work directly with the biz to quickly identify their needs and provide an appropriate solution in-line with global standards, such as Network, Telecoms and Internet Services Projects Management, - 24X7 monitoring, management & support of APAC Network infrastructure. - Able to represent Asia-Pacific efficiently in any global and regional technical discussions or initiatives. - Evaluate, recommend, influence & deploy, emerging relevant technologies to meet evolving business requirements. - Provide formal and informal training for end-users and/or team members as needed. - Develop regional standards, policies, guidelines in-line with APAC and global standards, policies and guidelines. - Establish, carry out & implement to global/regional IS&T processes, guidelines, and policies for all areas of responsibility. - Develop goals and objectives for the team and review each team member’s performance every quarter. Conduct performance reviews at the end of each fiscal year. - Vendor selection & management including drafting RFPs, negotiating terms and contracts for goods and services. - Support and design private networks and protect Apple’s intellectual property featured at the Apple sites.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor or Master in related computer science, computer engineering or computing related degrees - CCNP certification required (CCIE preferred)
- - Excellent Oral and written communications.
- - Excellent time management & organizational skills. Able to prioritise several projects concurrently.
- - Project management, process management, problem-solving & presentation skills.
- - Dedication to task and ability to lead and inspire change
- - Possesses strong vendor management and negotiation skills.
- - Able to deal with ambiguity and work independently with minimal mentorship.
- - Able to work as part of a virtual global/regional team with cultural, language, and time zone differences.
- - Able to travel in a short notice.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.