Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering - Product Operations Graduate Programme 2021
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. Are you excited by the idea of making a real impact? Are you prepared to dream big? Then a career with Apple might be your dream job. The Apple Product Operations team has developed a 23 month graduate programme. Our graduate programme is designed to give you exposure to the key functions of Product Operations including manufacturing engineering, quality, test engineering, software development, production and New Product Introduction. As a participant in our programme, you will initially spend time training with us at our manufacturing centre of excellence in Cork, Ireland. Here, we will support you with a mix of on-the-job and classroom-based training in a state of the art manufacturing environment. After this period, you'll be deployed to work on Apple products and processes in different manufacturing locations in China and Europe, as well as travelling to Apple’s headquarters in California, to understand the broader aspects of Manufacturing Operations. You will have the opportunity to travel, and relocate to other locations as part of this Programme (US/Asia). We will support you throughout these relocations as part of the Graduate Programme. If you have strong technical skills, an educational background in engineering and love working with other people, then this could be an amazing opportunity to come and work with us. We'd love to hear from you.
- Relevant Industrial Engineering experience specifically relating to Lean Manufacturing, production support and quality
- Should be flexible and capable of working on own initiative with a professional attitude and good communication skills
- Consistently identifies, initiates and drives continuous improvement throughout the business.
- Computer-literate with experience of appropriate simulation and CAD packages
- Strong sense of urgency and customer orientation Experience in engineering, manufacturing operations automation
- Exposure to lean manufacturing principles including 5S, WCM, Standard Work and TPM
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Good analytical, data analysis and problem solving skills
This position provides manufacturing engineering support to Product Operations in Cork and at EMEIA Distribution Centre locations. The position will provide support and leadership in achieving World Class Manufacturing, Safety, Quality, Customer Service, and Cost standards through continuous process improvement activities. Design, commissioning and qualification of semi-automated and automated fixturing Support New Product Introductions across several product lines Drive cycle time improvement, line balancing, line design, yield improvement and scrap reduction
Education & Experience
B.Eng (Hons) / M.Eng in Mechanical/Industrial/Mechatronics/Biomedical Engineering or equivalent completing in 2020 or 2021 Six sigma quality training would be an advantage.