Software Development - Product Operations Graduate Programme 2021
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. Are you excited by the idea of making a real impact? Are you prepared to dream big? Then a career with Apple might be your dream job. The Apple Product Operations team has developed a 23 month graduate programme. Our graduate programme is designed to give you exposure to the key functions of Product Operations including manufacturing engineering, quality, test engineering, software development, production and New Product Introduction. As a participant in our programme, you will initially spend time training with us at our manufacturing centre of excellence in Cork, Ireland. Here, we will support you with a mix of on-the-job and classroom-based training in a state of the art manufacturing environment. After this period, you'll be deployed to work on Apple products and processes in different manufacturing locations in China and Europe, as well as travelling to Apple’s headquarters in California, to understand the broader aspects of Manufacturing Operations. You will have the opportunity to travel, and relocate to other locations as part of this Programme (US/Asia). We will support you throughout these relocations as part of the Graduate Programme. If you have strong technical skills, an educational background in engineering and love working with other people, then this could be an amazing opportunity to come and work with us. We'd love to hear from you.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to work cross functionally and regionally
- Able to see the bigger picture and not just the specific assigned task.
- Good at dealing and working with other people and understanding their requirements
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Be an ambitious and logical problem solver with a strong work ethic
- Excellent analytical skills
- Knowledge in some of the following areas would be an advantage:
- Object Oriented Design
- Web Services
- Version Control System (GIT, Subversion, etc.)
- Database Design
- Python/Ruby or other scripting languages
- Objective C or Swift app development
- MVC Frameworks
- Linux Administration & Virtualisation
- Bash or other shell scripting languages
- UI Design
Develop new capabilities and improvements to our Shop Floor Control, Reporting and Management systems through the complete lifecycle of specification, design, implementation, testing and support. Our Shop Floor Control System is a large set of interconnected systems used for data collection, process control and reporting in a Manufacturing environment. You will need to bring good experience of working with a wide range of technologies and systems to implement changes in our shop floor systems, to support product and process changes. You will be working with some of the below technologies: Website and Web Services development technologies
Education & Experience
Minimum BSc (Hons), M.Sc or equivalent in Computer Science or similar field, completing in 2020 or 2021.