Supplier Manager (perm)
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
This is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. At Apple, we craft products and experiences people once couldn't have envisioned, and now can't imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your ideal job! We are currently recruiting a dynamic, energetic and motivated Supplier Manager to join the Apple Operations – International Asset Management team. We are looking for a highly experienced individual who can adapt quickly to this challenging and exciting role. Reporting directly to the Apple Operations Technical Manager, the successful candidate will have a range of responsibilities to support Capital Expenditure Asset Tracking and Strategic Component Buy/Sell activities. This is a hugely important and evolving area at Apple where there is significant investment and enhancement taking place. The role has high visibility with senior Procurement, Operations and Finance partners.
- Possess full knowledge & experience of Procurement Policies/Practices.
- 3+ years proven experience in a similar procurement role.
- Knowledge of Supply chain/Logistics an advantage.
- Experience in working with Asia based suppliers – ability to speak Mandarin is a distinct advantage.
- Technical mentality with the ability to quickly understand business processes and drivers.
- Strong analytical capability.
- Ability to manage your own initiative in a flexible & dynamic organisation - be able to thrive in an exciting environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, with experience of delivering insightful and impactful messages to senior levels, influencing leadership teams.
- Ability to influence others and work effectively at all levels in an organisation.
- Ability to set goals and drive schedules.
- Develop and manage cross-functional relationships within Apple and Apple’s supplier & contract manufacturer teams.
Interact with a number of Apple teams, suppliers and contract manufacturers. Provide process and system training to internal and external partners. Be the go-to person for all related issues, coordinate issue resolution measures, and lead all aspects of issue resolution strategies. Drive execution in line with contractual requirements and timelines for compliance. Analyse data, create metrics and communicate to meet business needs. Participate in presentation of executive reviews. Participate in business expansion projects as a key business partner. Be a key driver in developing automated solutions and testing that these solutions are fit for purpose. Successful candidate will be required to work across time zones with Asia & US; the role will require a moderate level travel to Asia and US.
Education & Experience
Degree in a relevant field required. SAP Knowledge desirable. Strong experience with tools such as Excel and Tableau would be a plus.