Order Management Buyer - 6 month contract
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big! We are recruiting a dynamic, upbeat and motivated individual to join the Apple Operations – International Buy/Sell team. We purchase key strategic commodities from suppliers and the sale of those commodities to OEM’s. You will handle end to end procurement & order management of this activity. We engage with both internal Apple teams and external suppliers and contract manufacturers. These commodities include key components required in the manufacture of Apple products. Your responsibilities will be wide-ranging and requires you to adapt quickly to this challenging and exciting role. You will work within a team of experienced buyers and report directly to the Procurement Manager.
- Experience of Procurement Policies/Practices
- 3+ years in a similar procurement role
- Demonstrated Leadership in driving Key projects & teams
- Detailed knowledge of Supply chain/Logistics
- Ability to operate using your own initiative in a flexible & dynamic organisation - be able to thrive in an exciting environment
- Advanced Excel capabilities (macros, pivot tables, reports) and strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Experience in working with Asia based vendors – fluency in Asian languages would be great
- Strong SAP experience (MM module)
- Flexibility to work across time zones with Asia & US
Oversee purchasing activities with GSM (Global Supply Managers), Supply partners Contract Manufacturers (CM) Process sales orders from CM, purchase orders to suppliers and coordinate issue resolution measures with external and internal (Apple) teams when necessary Responsible for procurement business system data (purchasing order, sales order, etc.) input and integrity Coordinate with CM, Suppliers, and AO Finance teams for payment issue resolution Participate in internal business expansion and automation projects. Act as a key shareholder in developing automated solutions and testing that these solutions are fit for purpose. Interact closely with GSM, AO Finance, Suppliers and CM to monitor performance and address the process issues
Education & Experience
- Degree in Business/Supply Chain or Procurement - or if you feel you have related experience, you are encouraged to apply. - Diploma in IIPMM/IPICS Certification would be ideal but not required