Full Stack Developer
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Computer Integrated Manufacturing department based in Cork develops and maintains Manufacturing Execution Systems and other software to support Apple Product Operations in the EMEIA Region. We are a multi-functional team, taking on challenging software engineering problems across a broad range of Apple manufacturing services. Shop Floor Control System is a large set of interconnected systems and software used for data collection, process control and reporting in a manufacturing environment. The requirements of manufacturing are continually evolving to improve efficiency and to support new product & process changes. You will be working on solution and software architecture, design and development. You will lead projects, own solutions, collaborate with customers on requirements and issues including engineering teams and vendors, and facilitate customer / user training. We are seeking a Full-Stack Software Developer who possesses a real passion for developing extraordinary products with a deep appreciation for user experience.
- 3+ years progressive experience developing web based, database driven applications Proficiency in PHP, MVC application frameworks and LAMP stack deployment.
- Strong experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience of Bash or other shell scripting languages
- Good understanding of user experience and interface design
- Knowledge of source code management tools (e.g. SVN, GIT)
- Understand Web app deployment environments and tools (e.g. Apache/HAProxy/MySQL/VMware/etc.) Great teammate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Server Administration experience an advantage
- Experience of Python/Ruby/Perl or other scripting languages an advantage
- Experience in manufacturing would be an advantage, but not essential
Are you passionate about developing solutions and data platforms at scale? Do you love the idea of solving a new business, technical problem every other day with a wide range of technologies? Do you have it in you to be part of a fast-paced, iterative environment with many exciting responsibilities? If so, we are looking for highly motivated, detail oriented, technically savvy, high-energy professionals who like to re-define how things are done. • Partner with our internal customers and to quickly understand their current process and their issue or enhancement request. • You will have an ability to see the bigger picture beyond that one specific question and propose a flexible solution that integrates with the rest of the process. • Working closely with internal partners you will clearly articulate their ideas, give and take feedback and iterate quickly on design. • Develop, document and validate change, lead the rollout to production and support it on an ongoing basis.
Education & Experience
BSc in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent
- Please note that applicants will need to be eligible to work in Ireland.